Sunday, December 18, 2022

Apartment Life #345

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

The Marshall and a van to pick up the homeless people and take them to the shelter was on my street again this week. 

You can see the black van parked behind the Marshall's car. They talked to a couple of homeless people who had their camp set up just ahead of the car. But they must have declined because the cars left without anyone getting in the van.

The sun was shining right towards me so the pictures didn't come out great but you can see the cop car has his lights on. He had someone pulled over and was talking to them.

I didn't see anyone get arrested but the cop was talking to them for a while. Maybe they just got a ticket. I didn't see what they did wrong. I just heard the police siren beep and looked out the window to see he had someone pulled over. 
---

There was a huge fight between two people that live in my courtyard. When it kept going on for hours, the yelling, screaming, door slamming and the sounds like they were throwing things against the walls in their apartment, I finally called the police. But wouldn't you know the police never showed up. This is the 4th time in a couple of years that I've called the police for something and they never showed up. This is why I almost never call the police because so many times, they don't even bother to show up around here. It's so crazy. One of these days, people are going to be fighting, someone is going to need the help and going to get really hurt or die because the police don't bother to show up. That's so crazy to me.


The high this week was 54F/12C
The low this week was 28F/-2C

It's been pretty cold this week. I actually had to break out my coat. lol 

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

47 comments:

  1. That is so very wrong that you call the police and they don't appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS odd they don't respond when you call. Especially odd since they seem to so often be in the area anyway. Maybe it has something to do with what the time is when you call, i.e. during shift change or donut break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been all different hours and others have told me the same thing happened to them. I don't know why they don't show up.

      Delete
  3. Glad that the police are helping out. The police will help take bus stop passengers to destinations when its cold. but will only get in the homeless life if there's an emergency in MN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have an ordinance that the homeless cannot sleep in public if there are spaces open at the shelters. They can be arrested if they don't go to the shelter but they hardly ever arrest them,

      Delete
  4. I imagine the police are there so much they have to priorities their calls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose so but I seem them driving by doing nothing, just driving around that they could come when called.

      Delete
  5. I can't believe that the police didn't at least send a squad car to check it out. That's scary the way neighbors will fight with one another. When I lived in Utah, I had two neighbors like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These two people fight like that a couple of times a month. it's more than annoying.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Mary!

    I'm back from my airport run, dear friend, and happy to see this neighborhood update from you.

    Seems like the law enforcement agencies have their priorities screwed-up. They pull people over to give them tickets. They beg people to get in the homeless shelter van, usually with no takers, but they won't respond to a noisy fight in progress. You're right. One of these times, somebody will be seriously hurt or killed when prompt intervention by the police would have prevented it.

    I hope my buddy Falcor is still doing well these days, with no more dangerous leaps from high places like Superdog.

    Have a wonderful week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still surprised that they don't come when called sometimes.

      Delete
    2. Oh and yeah, Falcor is fine. I still have to stop him from leaping off the couch and my bed because he just doesn't get it. But he seems fine now.

      Delete
  7. "This is the 4th time in a couple of years that I've called the police for something and they never showed up."
    😬 Absurd. Also, hearing such a ruckus for hours mustn't have been fun...It sounds like the police only comes where you live when it suits them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are 5 doors down and I could hear the yelling and door slamming with my door and windows shut. It was ridiculous.

      Delete
  8. That's what awaits us in the near future. No police available to help with law and order.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not showing up when someone calls is not good for their image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's terrible that the police didn't show up. Isn't there a place you can complain to? Maybe mention it to the newspapers? Local congressman? Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't want to do that. I could only imagine if I did my name and number would be blacklisted and the ;police would show up even less because I complained.

      Delete
  11. Didn't even show up? Wow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I'm glad no one got hurt because of them not showing up and doing their job.

      Delete
  12. So not good that the police don't show up when you call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It doesn't even surprise me anymore.

      Delete
  13. I'm so sorry they didn't show up. That's horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cleveland police are notorious for never showing up when called. But they are happy to pull people over. We have no use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like 911 is more like 411 out there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I understand pretty much entire country is in for a cold snap.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's terrible that the police don't even bother to show up! I agree, someone will end up dying eventually because of their inattention. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gonna happen one of these days.

      Delete
  18. My gosh. Never a dull moment, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Only 12c at most? That is cold for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty normal for this time of year.

      Delete
  20. So frustrating that the police did not show up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As you say, some day someone will be seriously injured and they won't get the help they need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's going to happen at some point.

      Delete
  22. That's too bad that the police never showed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't even surprise me anymore.

      Delete
  23. Wow. Those are some cold temps! We have still been pretty warm for Northern New England. Although tonight, the low is 12F. I hope you stay cozy and warm. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The high this week has been in the 60's. lol

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.