Sunday, January 15, 2023

Apartment Life #349

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

Just as the sun was setting I heard the police siren/horn on my street and sure enough there was police across the street. I watched for a while and saw two police officers bring a guy out in handcuffs. They talked with him for a while and then put him in the back of the police car and took him to jail. 

There's some new people that have moved into the apartments across the street so I didn't recognize the guy. 
---


On Wednesday right as the sun was setting this guy in red came up to my daughter as she was coming home from the store across the street and started asking her if she had bought a bottle of liquor or if she knew where he could buy some weed, white stuff or pipe (drugs essentially). Then he told her he was a nice guy and he started walking through our courtyard. We had our inner door open with the metal security door locked and he stopped at my door and tried asking my daughter more questions. She said get away from my door and when he wouldn't she slammed the door in his face so he moved on 2 doors down. 


My daughter looked outside and saw the mother of the kids across from us had made her kids come inside and this drunk or high guy was peeking into one of the apartments 2 doors away from me. So my daughter told him if he didn't know anyone in this courtyard he needed to leave or she was going to call the cops on him because he was peeking into apartments. My daughter turned on the security camera and filmed him walking by but he fell into the rocks outside my door and had a hell of a time getting up and walking by. Dude was so drunk or high he was having a hard time walking. 

----

My next door neighbor who my daughter and I are friends with had a package stolen and his security camera didn't catch who did it. So he set up a decoy package to see who would try and take it and caught a woman who frequents drug dealers apartment trying to take his empty package. He confronted drug dealer and they argued, of course he said he didn't even know the woman, even though she's down there all the time. 

Then an off leash dog attacked the neighbors dog while he was walking his big dog. Thankfully his dog is fine because my neighbor grabbed the dog by the harness until the owner came and got him. The owner who was mad at my neighbor for some reason that made no sense. I'm keeping my tazer charged just in case because that dog was big enough to kill a small dog.


The high this week was 61F/16C
The low this week was 38F/3C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

48 comments:

  1. Large, vicious, unleashed dog + unsupervised kids playing outside (per your earlier post) = one more disaster waiting to happen.

    Good thing your daughter got rid of that druggie. He sounds more pathetic than dangerous, but you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am agreeing with Indife753. I do hope that a dog related disaster doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not either but I have my tazer just in case. I've had to use it 4 times so far. But just the sound has been enough to scare away any dogs.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Mary!

    It's a bad situation to have dangerous people plus a dangerous dog roaming around on your block. That creepy peeper in red (perhaps a disgraced Santa Claus) is not the only unsavory male who has tried to get something going with your attractive daughter. Next, you have a package thief who frequents the dd's apartment, but the dd denies even knowing her. Moreover, I don't like to think of you and my buddy Falcor being at risk of being ambushed by a mean dog when you take him out for walks. These are issues for police and animal control, but with all the crime they routinely handle, you can't count on them to respond promptly or to do very much. I'm sorry you need to live in such an environment.

    Have a good week and take care of yourself and family, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drug dealer won't take responsibility for anything that happens because of his selling drugs. Animal control is so over crowded they won't even pick up stray dogs right now because they have no room for more.

      Delete
  4. Dude stumbling around in red jumpsuit and pink backpack - definitely on something.
    Be careful walking Falcor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going where the dog has not been seen out by itself. Trying to stay safe. But I walk where the homeless people hang out.

      Delete
  5. I like his style, but not his behaviour LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol on that red outfit but how creepy and frightening that he was looking in apartments. For some reason, I often notice owners of dogs that attack like to blame the victims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do like to blame others but that makes no sense at all.

      Delete
  7. Glad your daughter is so brave. I've had to say thanks but no thanks to a few dudes in my building. The bold overtures always take me by surprise. Nice backpack dude. I hope you have plenty more to write on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an eventful week...and gosh, what a scary encounter your daughter had. I'm glad it went well, all things considered. I had to laugh at the package incident though. That guy is a genius!

    "here's some new people that have moved into the apartments across the street so I didn't recognize the guy."
    New people, same people...right? All of them up to no good...

    You seem to be freezing lately! Our winter is still unseasonably warm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave an empty package outside and people come running. We told him to get one of those air pod tracking things and put it in a box and when they are tracked going down to drug dealers apartment, call the cops.

      Delete
  9. I've never understood why people get angry at YOU when you have to sometimes hurt THEIR dog in defense of self and your own dog. I hope your daughter has pepper spray or something on her for protection when she's out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes no sense. I gave her a pepper spray.

      Delete
  10. Oh Mary your poor daughter is wise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of weird people around doing weid stuff.. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have so many scary people by you. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are a lot of weird people.

      Delete
  13. What a week! I'd be scared to live where you do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crazy week. That dude in red... *shakes head* Good grief that outfit! He looks like a Ghostbustr.

    ReplyDelete
  15. People do crazy things while high/drunk. I wouldn't like someone looking in my apartment. I hate encountering off-leash animals. It seems to happen often around here. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are way too many off leash dogs around here.

      Delete
  16. Another eventful week!
    Please stay safe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are way too many creeps out n' about there, human and canine. I'm glad you have a taser.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. Just wow. First of all, I love the name "crackhead cam" but man is it accurate. The dog situation scares me - my dog is always on leash and she's small - about 20 pounds. Any dogs off leash is just wrong - but especially ones that could kill someone! I can't help but think about those little kids runnign around in diapers... that's a disaster waiting to happen. good on you for keeping your tazer -my husband has a flashlight with a tazer on it that he uses to walk our dog for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tazer has come in handy a few times now.

      Delete
  19. I wonder if you sleep with ear plugs.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Never a quiet week there, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's strange... this is the third or fourth dog attack on another dog I've read about in the last couple of days. People must be getting lax about keeping their dogs leashed again. 😐

    ReplyDelete
  22. Same as always. Scary dog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. UGH, sounds like not the best week in the neighborhood. The loose dog is scary. Your little dude would be gobbled up.

    How are you feeling? Ribs better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ribs are getting better. I am glad I carry a tazer.

      Delete
  24. Oh dear, someone pestering your daughter again. But she's good at fending off these nuisances.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Big dogs scare me. Worse if I have a small dog with me because they're even more aggressive. They shouldn't be out off a leash. Good to have a taser or pepper spray. The guy in red seems like a real winner. :( Stay safe, Mary!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.