Sunday, January 22, 2023

Apartment Life #350

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

I heard a bunch of voices arguing and shouting and the next thing I knew the fire department was here. It's a bad picture because it was at night and the fire engine had all of his lights on so it made the picture really glare. But you can kind of make out the front of the fire engine. The fire fighters went to the apartment 2 doors away from mine and the woman that lives there was taken out in a stretcher. 

Those bright lights were the ambulance.

I tried to get a better picture of it with my Kindle but it wasn't much better. I can't take night time pictures with my phone, they just don't come out very good but you can kind of make out the back of the ambulance with the door open in the back in this picture. The lady was taken to the hospital but even though I at first thought it was a domestic disturbance I am probably wrong since the police never showed up. I don't know if the shouting was because she got hurt or had a medical problem but that seems more likely. 
----

Our power went out for a few minutes when the electrical crews were working on the electrical lines. 
----


One day I will get a better camera but for now this will have to do. lol I was walking Falcor Monday morning and heard the police helicopter flying around. I looked and they were over my apartment complex. You might be able to see the little black speck in the sky, that's the police helicopter. The police never showed up so I have no idea why they were flying around. And yes, that's me talking.
---

On Friday I watched UPS pull up across the street and start unloading at least 8 big boxes and 2 smaller Amazon boxes and stack them near the street next to the laundry room. That is not an apartment door that is the door to the laundry room. 

I watched several people walk by looking at the boxes. 2 different pick up trucks pulled over and stopped right in front of the boxes for a few minutes but no one got out. 

Then I watched this guy walk by a couple of times and glance at the boxes. If they were his wouldn't he have known they would be sitting out there? Wouldn't he know that he was expecting a bunch of boxes and just right up to the pile? He didn't, he was walking by and turn around and walk by glancing around. lol Then he went into his apartment that is downstairs in that building and got a small dolly and started loading up the boxes. 

He stood there a few minutes not even looking to see if his name were on them and started loading them up. 


Then he pushed them over to his apartment. I mean, he's in a downstairs apartment. If these were his boxes wouldn't he have requested UPS leave them by his door? I hope these were his boxes. For a minute there I was telling my daughter I thought it could be a sting operation where the police leave a bunch of boxes outside and see who comes to steal them so they can tackle and arrest a bunch of thieves. That would have been exciting. LOL 
---

The high this week was 57F/13C
The low this week was 34F/1C
And it's been raining most of the week.

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

66 comments:

  1. I hope your neighbour is ok. The other guy? Theft doesn't come much more brazen than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw her home a couple of days later so I guess she's fine. I have no idea what was going on with the boxes.

      Delete
  2. You know those weren't his boxes. Really stupid of them to leave boxes there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too thought the boxes might be a sting operation. The folks in the pickup trucks probably thought the same. That Amazon driver has some explaining to do if the photo he took of the delivery shows NOT dropped off at the purchaser's unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a UPS driver and they don't seem to care if it gets to the right person or not. I've had so many packages being delivered UPS and they lose my stuff all the time.

      Delete
  4. Yes, very mysterious. Were they his boxes or were they someone else's? But delivery companies often just dump parcels outside someone's front door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they had been left at the door I could understand that. But they left them by the laundryroom door.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Mary!

    Strange goings on in your neighborhood again this week, dear friend! First, there was the woman two doors down who was brought out on a stretcher and transported to the hospital after fire and ambulance units were called to the scene. It's frustrating not to know exactly what happened to her. Maybe, if and when she returns from the hospital, you will run into her while walking Falcor and find out what went on that night.

    Next there was a police whirlybird hovering over your block, but you don't know why. I enjoyed hearing your voice for the first time. You and your daughter are both good at narrating videos as you record.

    Finally, thee's the case of the mysterious stack of boxes and the mysterious neighbor who loaded them up and took them to his apartment. You can't make sense of what you saw, because you don't know for sure if they were his. If they weren't, and he took them into his possession, it might have been for a noble reason, because he is aware of the rash of package thefts in the neighborhood and decided to be a good neighbor and keep them safe in his unit he could contact the designated recipient or recipients and hand them over. If it's a sting operation, his lawyer could get him off with just such an explanation, painting him as a model citizen for keeping the packages safely out of the hands of actual thieves.

    Have a wonderful week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the woman is now home so hopefully she's ok. Hopefully the right person gets those boxes.

      Delete
  6. So funny that you saw so many considering stealing the boxes and then that guy finally did. Is it possible it was something for the laundry room like shelving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. I was thinking that maybe maintenance told him to leave it there because it was for the laundry room but maintenance never showed up over there so I don't know.

      Delete
  7. "For a minute there I was telling my daughter I thought it could be a sting operation where the police leave a bunch of boxes outside and see who comes to steal them so they can tackle and arrest a bunch of thieves. That would have been exciting. LOL "
    For sure! or maybe they could have exploded in his face like a dye pack 😂.

    A fairly quiet week, wasn't it? and cold at that (winter reared its ugly head there too...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An exploding dye pack would have been funny. It has been so cold.

      Delete
  8. Lots of excitement wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and you know I don't even see everything.

      Delete
  9. Wow, stealing boxes. Lately we've been having a lot of strangers roaming around on our floor and they're not doing laundry. Fires are scary for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why would UPS have left those boxes there? Obviously, they are going to get taken by someone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leaving boxes like that, yeah bad idea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never a dull moment in Apt. Hell... if that was a Porch Pirate perhaps it was a Sting, weird spot to drop off a delivery to a Resident, even tho' the Boxes were large. I might have called the Carrier and mentioned what you Witnessed and also mention a Laundry Room is no place to drop off any Resident's Delivery and concerns you since you wouldn't want your Order to end up that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not getting involved with anything around here.

      Delete
  13. You have so much gone on by you. My block is really quiet. I hope they were his boxes and they delivered them to the wrong door. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I don't even see everything that goes on around here. There's a lot that I miss.

      Delete
  14. I wonder what was in those boxes and who they really belonged to! Hope you have a good week, Mary. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how that guy just took the boxes. That's a lot of boxes though. Someone's gonna be pissed. Unless they are his, but yeah that seems doubtful.

    PArt of me always gets nervous when I hear a helicopter overhead lol- especially at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are his boxes but it does seem doubtful. I hear the police helicopter so often that it doesn't phase me anymore.

      Delete
  16. sSrry about your neighbor. It sounds like a quieter than usual week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fire really freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully there was no fire, the fire department just shows up when the ambulance is called sometimes.

      Delete
  18. I swear it's like your particular location is like some sort of... lunatic vortex.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is quite the puzzle about those big boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope the lady is ok.
    the box situation was interesting for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the neighbor a couple of days later and she seems ok.

      Delete
  21. Hmm curious about those boxes. Hopefully the right person gets them! I hope your neighbor is ok - I always wonder why the fire department often comes out when it's for the ambulance though? I'm guessing it's something obvious that I just don't know having not worked in that world.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because the fire dept has their own ambulance or something. I'm not really sure but they do come out a lot when an ambulance is also here.

      Delete
  22. I don't know think our police or sheriff has an helicopter.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The police use their helicopters all the time here.

      Delete
  23. You have a nice voice, Mary. The guy was probably stealing the boxes. What a jerk if so!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Leaving boxes like that, ofcourse it's going to be a surprise no one will still them lol. Never really a dull moment in Apt. of Hell

    xx
    Vanessa @ Blushing Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised the people in the trucks didn't get out and take the boxes.

      Delete
  25. It was a bad idea to leave the boxes like that.
    Hope the lady is ok.

    Hugs and blessings, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the neighbor a couple of days ago and she seems fine

      Delete
  26. I hope your neighbor is okay.

    That whole AMZ delivery thing is weird. I would say that someone used that address as a front for their deliveries, but I know Amz drivers who continually deliver to the wrong place in our simple neighborhood, so who knows. I hope no one was out legitimate purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was UPS. If it had been Amazon that would have been weird but they are lazy so I would have understood. They hardly even get my packages to the right address.

      Delete
  27. The local thief stikes agai n. Lock him up!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This was actually kind of a quiet week for you compared to others. 🙂

    I have a problem with FedEx... they leave my packages on the second or third step up on our porch stairs which are only a couple of steps from the street. We have an enclosed porch, so all they need to do is walk up a couple of steps and put the package to the side inside the door. I complain every time, but nothing changes. UPS and USPS come up onto the porch and put the packages by my door. 😏

    Have a wonderful week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half the time my packages get lost and I have to contact Amazon for a replacement.

      Delete
  29. Hope the gal's okay. Always interesting bits going on around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw her a couple of days later and she seems fine.

      Delete
  30. Oh Mary never a dull moment LOL

    ReplyDelete
  31. I feel like you caught a thief on camera. Maybe you'll be able to provide testimony if you find out they were stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope the woman is okay! My first thought was a sting operation when all those packages were left there. LOL In wonder who they belonged to really . . . My mom's Amazon packages are always delivered to the house across the street from her even though they clearly have her address on them. She once asked one of the Amazon delivery people why and was told that they were just following the directions on their tablet. The delivery person verified the address for the packages was in fact my mom's. And, by directions on the tablet, she didn't mean a note or special instructions left by the customer. No, these were the directions their GPS or whatever app they use told them to go. The person said they'd make sure it was corrected by that was almost a year ago . . . Maybe she needs to add special delivery instructions--pay attention to the actual address you deliver the package!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the police over there looking for the boxes so not a sting. lol

      Heck yes, write in some delivery instructions for them. Maybe they have to follow them and they will deliver to the right address.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.