Sunday, February 12, 2023

Apartment Life #353

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

There was some loud shouting going on down at drug dealers apartment and the next day their back bedroom window was busted out. I saw they left a small hold in the board, large enough to be able to reach through so they can deal what I suspect are drugs from this window. I see people going up to this window a few times, I mean what else could it be?
---

On the path that I walk Falcor there are two places that the homeless people set up camp. One is down there in the middle of the picture on the left hand side of the police car. Next to the police car there is a Marshall's car and I didn't want to get any closer since the police were down there making the homeless people pack up their shopping carts and leave so they could bring in the trucks to clean the mess that is right in front of the McDonalds there. 

The other place they set up camp is right behind the wall that separates the alley from my apartment complex and the Cal Ranch parking lot. I took a little video of the mess they left after having stayed in this spot for about a week. After this video was taken the same homeless people that were down by the McDonald's in the first picture, came to this area and also packed up what they wanted to keep in their shopping carts and the police called a clean up crew and they used a pick up truck to load everything else up and take it to the dump. I didn't get any video or pictures of it because I knew the clean up crew would be coming really quickly but there were all kinds of spent needles in and among the debris I filmed.


There were 5 people living between the two spots and every one of them frequent drug dealers apartment a lot. If this place gave a damn about the drug dealing and evicted drug dealer, I'm sure that most of these drug addicts would move somewhere else because they seem to want to be close to where they buy their drugs. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the homeless people but I really don't like having to walk past this or having people shooting up around every corner around here and leaving dirty needles just laying about for anyone to stick themselves with. 
---

Friday night around 8:30PM  I heard this horrible banging against my living room window and wall. For a second I actually thought someone was trying to break into my apartment through the window. I grabbed my tazer and ran to the door, opened the inner door, leaving the metal security door locked. But no one was outside. So I went outside looking for the person but they were long gone. But one of our chairs that is right by our door is broken now. The table is all cockeyed, and the chair had been dragged a couple of feet. They must have been on a bicycle or something to have been gone that fast. They must have been moving pretty fast because my neighbor's video camera who is recording 24/7 wasn't able to catch on video who or what went by. 
----

The high this week was 66F/18C
The low this week was 37F/2C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

51 comments:

  1. Holy crap I think your outdoor furniture was crashed into by a ghost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, it does seem that way doesn't it.

      Delete
  2. It was nice to hear your voice in the video, Mary. That was quite a mess left behind. I’m sorry someone destroyed your outdoor furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Thankfully people came by soon after I took the video and cleaned it all up.

      Delete
  3. That is really weird.
    Shame all the decent people there can't raise a stink and get the drug dealer evicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that would work but the manager doesn't care as long as they get their money.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Mary!

    Your friendly neighborhood drug dealer is a clever businessman, carving a "gloryhole" in a boarded up window so that he can slip goodies through it for the convenience of
    his satisfied customers.

    Yessum, it is a shame you live in an area where unsavory sights are common, where the homeless pick a stretch of wall to call their home and set up camp. When forced to move on, they leave behind a mess including needles strewn on the ground that pose a threat to pedestrians and dogs like my good buddy Falcor.

    It seems like someone on a bike was riding too fast, probably under the influence, lost control, plowed into your wall, chair and table, then sped off. I suppose you should give thanks it wasn't a more sinister scenario.

    Have a safe and happy week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the Marshall's had people come and clean the mess up soon after. I would not doubt that the rider was under the influence of something.

      Delete
  5. There has been a surge of homeless people in my town this winter as there always is. A church in our town has taken it upon themselves to help them get food and warm things on cold nights. It's a big problem, though, probably too big for one small church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One church isn't even going to make a dent in the problem unfortunately.

      Delete
  6. That's an interesting point about some homeless living near their access to drugs. And maybe the invisible someone that made all that banging noise, wrecked your patio equipment, possibly knocked dealer's windows out, is an angry drugged out ghost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt that most of the druggies would move on to some place else if drug dealer wasn't here.

      Delete
  7. That's sad to see the mess the people leave behind. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's crazy I wonder what hit your stuff. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's terrible about your outdoor furniture. On the news, it sounds like there's a run on gasoline in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was when the pipeline got a leak but the leak got fixed and now everything seems to be back to normal.

      Delete
  10. How awful your stuff was damaged and the scare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The adrenaline was something else. I told my daughter that I don't know what I was going to do if I found someone outside on a bicycle. Was I just going to taze them and yell at them for breaking my chair? lol Probably not the most practical thing to do.

      Delete
  11. It's frustrating that they can't seem to do anything about the drug dealers living there. I know I wouldn't want to walk past people shooting up everyday, or past the trash that the homeless leave behind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I'm with you- I feel bad for the homeless people but you shouldn't have to deal with the danger, spent needles, and everything else too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are shelters but they won't go.

      Delete
  13. Yikes, that sounds scary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, not visible on camera - it is a demon or ghost. LOL! Glad you were safe, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Homeless and druggies - nothing new in your area. Where's the municipality' s responsability regarding the safety and well being of its citizens? After all it's America, not third world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can't do anything unless they see them doing the drugs. They can't just search them without a reason to find the drugs either. While there is a law in my state against homeless living on the street, it isn't enforced.

      Delete
  16. I am so glad that they came through and cleaned up the mess. You are so right, if they took care of the dealer, the homeless probably would move on. It seems obvious to me, too, that the hole is for drugs. Take care and have a good week.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  17. Smart, having a tazer, I would have been terrified at hearing that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They sure do leave a mess behind and yes, don't be afraid to use that tazer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is too bad that the complex doesn't make the drug dealers move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would do something too.

      Delete
  20. I can't believe it's so hard to evict a drug dealer when it's crystal clear what goes on there.

    "For a second I actually thought someone was trying to break into my apartment through the window. I grabbed my tazer and ran to the door"
    Jeez Mary, I hope your heart stays strong, with such jump scares...😱

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It amazes me that they just don't care as long as they get their money.

      My heart takes a beating around here,

      Delete
  21. It sure is never boring in the drug dealing empire.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The drug dealers are creative, I'll give them that.

    I wish there was some easy fix for solving the homeless problem. We had an incident near my daughter's school recently in which a homeless person climbed into a parent's car at pick up time. I bet that parent makes sure their doors are locked next time. I am not sure what his deal was--mental illness, drugs. Probably both.

    I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. They need to evict that loser drug dealer so the neighborhood can be cleaned up! I bet a lot of these homeless people wouldn't be homeless if their lives didn't center around getting high, but what do I know? Stay safe, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm also concerned about homeless people, but seeing them lying around in the street or shooting up drugs isn't right. There must be something better that can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Business as always

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have an outdoor poltergeist! 😄 I'm sorry your furniture got bent up. 😔

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.