Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Book Review: Munro by Kresley Cole

 

Book Description

TORMENTED IN UNIMAGINABLE WAYS

Coming off torture at the hands of his warlock captors, Munro MacRieve never expected to find his mate, or to lose her just as abruptly. Driven to desperation, the ruthless warrior uses his enemies’ own powers to reunite with her—in the distant past.

STOLEN FROM HER TIME
When a crazed werewolf crashes her wedding, Kereny “Ren” Codrina does what any cunning huntress would do: she captures him. Yet she finds herself softening toward the wounded beast—until he turns the tables and forces her into an incomprehensible future.

CAN A HUMAN AND AN IMMORTAL UNITE IN ORDER TO SURVIVE?
As danger mounts, Munro will do anything to make her undying, even sell his soul to an evil sorceress. But first he must convince his fiery mate that she belongs with him. If seduction means her survival, Munro will use every weapon in his arsenal to possess her—forever.



My Review

Munro is captured but he's an old, powerful werewolf (Lykae) so he thinks he can withstand any torture they throw at him until they time travel and find his destined mate and threaten to kill her if he doesn't give in to their demands. But he does what they want him to, he opens himself up to being made a puppet for them. When he does what they demand and his mate dies anyway, he's ready to give up. But instead he makes a plan to overcome what they've done to him, get his revenge and time travel to before they kidnapped his mate and save her. 

When Munro is able to escape, kill some of the people responsible and save his destined mate, he thinks he's made it through the hardest part. But he finds out that his mate, Ren, is a hunter that kills Lykae and Munro just happens to be a Lykae or werewolf. So Ren isn't thrilled to find out that she's his mate at all. But as the story unfolds and she realizes that he really was trying to save her life by kidnapping her and keeping her safe, she realizes also that not all Lykae are bad. 

I really liked the time travel part of this story and how her life in the past where she came from went on because the her that came to the future was a copy of herself so she got to find out what happened to her in the past. While the time travel storyline was interesting and I could totally understand it, it also made my head hurt at the same time because that could also be confusing. 

These two had a lot of drama to work through and Munro was kinda set in his ways and way of thinking. I'm glad that she was able to set him straight and let him know that he wasn't seeing things from her perspective at all and he understood and knew he needed to change for her. 

I love this series and am glad that it's still going strong. I always look forward to these books.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

34 comments:

  1. Amazing post, love it :)

    I invite you also to my channel :)
    youtube.com/@veronicalucyart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't really use Youtube much.

      Delete
  2. A very different take - which sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE Kresley Cole! Her books are always a hit, so glad you liked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice little cover it has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The time travel aspect of this one is a fun twist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when series stay great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, makes me want to keep reading it.

      Delete
  7. That does sound good and the cover sure is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was all caught up on this series right up until this one. LOL Oh well, guess I have something to look forward to. Interesting and twisting with a couple versions of her life floating around there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an author that I have wanted to read for a while. This sounds like a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time travel is such a fun element to include in this one, especially seeing that it was done well. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It really is a great series.

      Delete
  11. Wow cool cover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! This is a really cool sounding book. I like the idea of the time travel.

    Also, YAY! I finally got in to comment! I just kept clicking the button over and over when it said it couldn't log me into my google account. *fingers crossed* this sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time travel was done so well. I'm so glad you were able to comment. Maybe that's what I need to do on the blogs that only let me comment once in a while. I hope it sticks.

      Delete
  13. I need to get back to this series. I read the first 5 or 6 and really liked them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you pick the series up again.

      Delete
  14. The time travel aspect does sound interesting. This is another author I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to try this series at some point.

      Delete
  15. I loved this one. Can't wait for more in this series. I really missed reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you liked this one too.

      Delete
  16. I like the cover. 📘

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.