Sunday, April 09, 2023

Apartment Life #361

  
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

One day this week I saw several of these trucks parked on my street. They started leaving right before I took the picture. I think they might be maintenance trucks for the electrical lines. Not sure. 

On Wednesday we were notified that maintenance would be coming by to check out AC's to make sure they're working before Summer. So while we were waiting for them I saw one of my neighbors being evicted by the manager and constable. They were given a few minutes to pack a bag and then they were locked out and the constable put an orange sticker across the door. In this state the manager has to store your belongings for 30 days so you can make an appointment to get your stuff, after 30 days they throw it out.

Maintenance cut these bushes that the drug addicts like to hide behind and do their drugs. But I noticed that while sitting back there they were making a hole into the wall. On the other side of that wall is a vacant apartment. Looked to me like the addicts were maybe trying to make the hole into the apartment. It wouldn't even be the first time they've done something like this. You might remember this post where they broke into the maintenance shop and broke into the wall and into the vacant apartment next door to it. 

I was out with Falcor and the big pitbull that the drug addicts have taken in was running around offleash again. I don't even walk Falcor down that way anymore because of that dog being offleash and he's aggressive. I walked in the opposite direction of the dog, but he saw us and charged us. I pulled out my tazer and screamed for the woman (A different woman than is usually with the dog) to come get her dog or it was going to get tazed. She looked at me and then turned around ignoring me. I fired my tazer in the air and the dog backed away and then charged again growling and barking all the while Falcor is going crazy barking because he hates big dogs. 

So I fired it in the air again and it ran away. I came inside and instead of going back out and yelling at them again I called animal control. They came out, walked behind the alley and I walked out there to see what would happen. The animal control officer talked to them, they put the leash on the dog and she walked back to her truck. Nothing happened. So that was a big waste of time. Good to know they about as worthless as the police who don't even show up 50% of the time when you call them.

I feel bad for the dog and was hoping it would get taken and maybe would have the chance at finding a real home. But either the animal shelter is too full or she just didn't feel the need to do anything about what happened.
---

The high this week was 79F/26C
The low this week was 39F/3C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

40 comments:

  1. A big sigh at the dog. The sooner it is taken in the better for everyone - the dog included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mary!

    The way things are going, dear friend, you will soon need to walk Falcor around the inside of your apartment and throw down a piddle pad, because it's getting too dangerous to take him outside. That taser of yours came in handy. Fortunately, it worked on the charging pitbull and got it to back off. The weather will soon turn sizzling hot in Vegas, temperatures unfit for man or beast. The dog needs to find a better home by then and something needs to be done about the homeless who tunnel like rodents into the maintenance shop and vacant apartments seeking shelter and privacy to conduct their drug activity. You and I had not yet started following each other back in the spring of 2020 when you published that post. I read it just now and was astonished to see the gaping holes carved into the walls. It's a bad situation all around. Do you know why that tenant was being evicted? If it was merely because they fell behind on the rent, it's ironic, because your other neighbor continues to run a drug dealing operation from his unit and is allowed to stay.

    I hope your AC checked out AOK and gets you through the sizzling summer. Have a good week and a safe one, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I linked the story you hadn't read. They hadn't paid rent in over a month. That's why they were evicted.

      Delete
  3. Do you know why that woman was evicted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non payment of rent. That's about the only thing that will get you evicted around here.

      Delete
  4. I hope Falcor stays safe from the offleash dog. A good job you have the tazer with you to scare him off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw him running around this morning at 4am offleash again. I can only hope someone finds him and takes him in who will take better care of him.

      Delete
  5. How scary at the pitbull almost attack. Good thing you have a taser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That taser has really been helpful.

      Delete
  6. You can but hope at some point that dog gets better people to live with. Hopefully your AC will be set for the summer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear about that

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scary to have an aggressive pitbull come charging at you. I'm very glad you and Falcor were safe, but sorry that animal control didn't do anything about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that someone finds the dog when he's loose and takes him in.

      Delete
  9. At least you now know the taser is a good defense against the Pit Bull. Maybe you should use it on the irresponsible dog parent. I have to give it to the ingenuity of the homeless in your area. If they can't get in through a broken window, they'll dig a hole through the wall. LOL. So sad about your neighbor's eviction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The homeless will get in one way or another. I'm glad I haven't had to actually taze a dog and the sound alone was enough to scare it away.

      Delete
  10. Don't waste your tazer by firing in the air, hit the dog with it. If not, you'll be sorry later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He never got close enough to me to do that.

      Delete
  11. It bothers me about Mr. Falcor not getting a safe walk in. I do feel for the homeless dog. If the dog is not trained, he or she is going to be trouble eventually for someone or another dog. I own a pit bull and four chi/jackrussell mixes. The pit has good manners and is dependable. My chi's think they are ten feet and bulletproof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falcor is a chi/ jack Russell mix too.

      Delete
  12. Very scary to have an the Pitbull come charging at you. So pleased that both you and Falcor were safe.
    Take care out there.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the animal control was useless in this situation! I wished they took the dog so he could have a better home! The druggies are not fit to have animals! What a bunch of losers making life frustrating and dangerous for law abiding citizens all around! I'm sorry you're having to deal with these idiots! I have no idea why police allow this to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have they done AC checks before, or do you think it's a way of checking out what's going on inside the apartments? 🤔

    I had a landlord who planted bushes with big thorns on them beneath each first floor window. He said his father did that at their home because it deters people from trying to break in. It makes sense. Maybe maintenance should plant thorn bushes there. 😏

    It's too bad that they wouldn't take the dog. 😔

    Have a wonderful new week. ☀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They check the AC and do an apartment inspection each year.

      Delete
  15. That's bullsh*t that you have to put up with that. Animal control should have done something. Sigh. Glad you and Falcor are okay though.

    At least they evicted somebody! Too bad it wasn't the drug dealers. Anyway, hope you had a nice holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully drug dealer will be gone soon. But it's starting g to look like an empty promise.

      Delete
  16. There is always some action going on with the addicts....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sad that the animal control people are useless too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the shelter might still be full.

      Delete
  18. It's too bad that dog doesn't have the opportunity to find a good home. Glad the taser worked to scare him off and no one was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw hi out running loose again the other night. I hope someone finds him and takes him in.

      Delete
  19. After a couple of uneventful weeks, we're back in action! LOL. Seriously though, someone should do something about a dog that goes around attacking people (or other dogs in company of people at least). It's insane that you have to taser your way around there. One day it might not even be enough to scare the dog in question...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crazy thing is my daughter had to call animal control just the other day after this happened to me. That same dog came up to her and when she yelled at the homeless people to get their dog because it was growling at her they ignored her. Animal control came out again and once again did nothing.

      Delete
  20. I never thought of a taser! I'll mention that to the lady that bought my mom's house in Arkansas. There are a lot of dogs running loose in small town Arkansas and it's the same with animal control there. Shelters are already full so they don't do anything if you call them except issue a warning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got it on Amazon for $20. Best investment yet.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.