Sunday, May 10, 2020

Apartment Life #202


This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.


If you follow my daughter's blog, you might have already seen this but for those of you who don't, here ya go. This is the door to the old maintenance shop. Maintenance stopped using it because the homeless drug addicts kept breaking into it and sleeping in there. They keep breaking the door open and maintenance keeps nailing the door shut. This week my daughter took these pictures when she saw the door was off the hinges. 

They brought in some chairs or couches and left their McDonald's trash all over the place.


Right here you can see the wall leading to the laundry room has a hole in it and the wall on the right also has a hole in it. The wall on the right leads to a vacant apartment and they slowly broke into that apartment as well. The maintenance man called the police earlier this week when he thought the homeless were in the vacant apartment but by the time the cops got here, the people had left. The police have not been back all week but the people have been going in and out of the old shop so I know they are in the vacant apartment too.



Right directly behind that wall straight ahead is the laundry room. Well, I guess they really wanted to wash some clothes because they busted through the wall with a hole large enough to crawl through into the laundry room. 



Through the hole you can see one of the washers. I told you a while back that there's been no apartment manager on site for months now and the laundry room has been locked the whole time. Well, now there's a back entrance to it. 


The is the hole in the wall leading to the vacant apartment. They're slowly picking away at that wall and I am guessing will be able to get through those wooden beams soon and make their way into the apartment. They made the hole big enough to get into the vacant apartment the very next day after this picture was taken.

---

Life Update:

Ken has an appointment with the Oncologist this week so I'm hoping for some good news.

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

58 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should threaten not to pay the rent if things are not taken care of by the manager in charge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not allowed to do that here because of the 30 day no cause. Managers can give you a 30 day notice for no reason if they want to and evict you. You can sue them after you pay rent but the courts almost always side with the managers and apartment owners here.

      Delete
  2. Sigh.
    And yes I will wish for good news for Ken and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your daughter will be safe.. Hope you hear good news for Ken...Wishing all the best.. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such damage and destruction. There must be some way of preventing it, though I can't immediately think what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it sounds like the apartment really needs a manager and a maintenance staff that is willing keep things up. A maintenance room should have a strong secure door, I'd think. I hope your husband receives good news.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think but it's a little crazy here right now.

      Delete
  6. Busting through several walls - that is just crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I could hardly believe it.

      Delete
  7. Wow, those pictures are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's why I keep taking them and posting them. It would be hard to believe all the stuff that goes on around here if I wasn't documenting it.

      Delete
  8. Without real tools, they sure are working hard! Lol, too bad they don't just get a job.

    Hoping for good news this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What you need is a very big dog with big teeth an a huge appetite. I mean, really...

    How are you, Mary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. I'm doing the best that I can right now. Thank you for asking. I hope you are well and doing ok too.

      Delete
    2. yes, get a big dog and security systems seem to be selling good right now. stocks are up.

      Delete
    3. lol That would be a good idea.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness, that's a real mess, alright. Never seen anything like it in real life! 🙄🤷‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for good news.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's pretty scary. That door needs wired to electricity to bite the intruders. We're hoping for good news for Ken too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'd be nervous to do my laundry since they have access to that area. You never know if someone's next door laying in wait. These people need to get a job since they have nothing better to do with their time but destroy other people's property!

    Hope you get good news about Ken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't use that laundry room since it's been taken over by the drug addicts.

      Delete
  14. Hanging out in the maintenance shed...what a life. Hope Ken's appointment this week goes well. My fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do hope that Ken gets some very good news this week! I can't believe that there is nobody onsite to take care of problems like this. That is a huge safety issue! Stay safe, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope so too. it's just unbelievable really.

      Delete
  16. It's too bad there's no security camera that can be placed in there. The police could get clues of who the people were. Maybe a sign that says this place is monitored by a securtiy camera. A fake camera could scare them away because they wouldn't know if it was true or not.
    Hope that Ken will get some good news this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the management does something. Thank you.

      Delete
  17. I hope Ken's appointment gives you some hopeful information!

    Wow- I can't get over the breaking in and hole creating! I don't even have words after seeing the pictures. Just- wow! I hope if the police catch them they are able to do something about it.

    Good luck!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not sure how you guys can stay there. It doesn't seem safe. I hope you have good news coming.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will keep positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy crap, Woman. What a crazy place! I hope you're staying safe.

    And I hope the oncologist will help you with a treatment plan and that Ken will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope Ken's appointment goes well and you get some good news, Mary.

    Those homeless/drug addicts are sure resourceful and determined, aren't they?

    I hope you have a good week. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's so crazy and I'm sure people doing laundry love having that hole there that anyone could get through! Yeesh.

    Good luck to Ken with his appt and hope it goes well. Take care this week Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. People don't really us the laundry room because of all the drug use going on in there.

      Delete
  23. Jeez it's crazy that nobody is doing anything about the vandals-what a mess they've made. How long until they start knocking holes through to apartments that are being lived in! It's crazy!

    Please wish Ken all the best for the appointment. I've got everything crossed for some good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. They are really making a mess of things.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  24. Thinking of you and Ken and the tough challenges and those daily challenges you face ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, those homeless people sure are persistent. So sorry you're having to deal with that on top of everything else! Praying for good news from the oncologist!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  26. You sure do have some destructive homeless people in your area :( What a mess!

    Keeping you in my thoughts this week. I hope you get positive news ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. You know I hate to hear about the plight of the homeless, but to destroy property like this is definitely not called for, and people who live there should have the right to use the laundry without having to deal with this. Such a sad situation. You already know I'm praying hard for you guys. Lots and lots of hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! 😯😯😯😯😯😯😯

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.