The Bookshelf Tag
Last month I was at my friends blog over at Click's Clan and she posted a Bookshelf Tag that you can read here
. I liked hers so much that I decided to do one of my own and share a few pictures of my own bookshelves.
*living room bookshelf*
1. Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books – it doesn't actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from. I actually have several bookshelves. The one in the living room was given to me by a neighbor when she moved out. The two I have in the bedroom were also given to me by a neighbor when she moved out. The small one in the hall I bought and the corner hanging one in my bedroom I also bought.
2. Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books? I try to keep books from each author together and since I have a few horror books I keep all those together and all of the romance together as well.
3. What’s the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf? I would have to say Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon, which is about 800 pages is the book with the most pages.
4. What’s the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf? That would be Love Bites by James Newman. It's 39 pages long and signed by the author.
5. What’s the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf? It is Magic in the Wind by Christine Feehan. It's only 103 pages and it was hiding between some other books.
6. What’s the biggest (height and width wise) book on your shelf? The biggest book I have by far is Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It's a large hardback copy with 836 pages.
*My bedroom bookshelves*
7. Is there a book from a friend on your shelf? A neighbor gave me a copy of Lawe's Justice by Lora Leigh. She was moving out and gave me a couple of books.
8. Most expensive book? I don't have a lot of expensive books. But I remember years ago I went into a book store and paid $15.00 for a copy of a book that I had been looking for forever and finally found. It's called Redemption by Annee Cartier and it came out in 1997. I still have it and it's still a favorite of mine.
9. The last book you read on your shelf? That would be Midnight Raven by Becca Boucher. I won it from the author in a fb contest and read it recently.
10. Off all the books on your shelf, which was the first your read? Hobgoblin by John Coyne. I remember reading that book for the first time in high school for a free time reading class. The only thing we had to do in this class was pick a book, read it and give an oral report. Best class ever!
11. Do you have more than one copy of a book? Yes, several books in fact but I have 4 copies of Untouched by Sara Humphreys.
12. Do you have the complete series of any book series? I have the complete Dark Series by Christine Feehan.
13. What’s the newest addition to your shelf? That would be Midnight Raven by Becca Boucher.
14. What book has been on your shelf forever? That would be Once In Paris by Diana Palmer. That was the first romance novel I read and I kept it ever since.
15. What’s the most recently published book on your bookshelf? One of the newest books I have on my bookshelf is Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost.
16. The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)? I have a book that I got from my mom that she used to read to me called Little Boy Blue and His Friends. It's a school edition and it was made in 1912. It's really old.
17. A book you won? I've won a lot of books in the past few years but when I went exploring my bookshelves the first one I saw that I'd won was Beyond The Darkness by Jaime Rush.
18. A book you’d hate to let out of your sight (a.k.a. a book you never let someone borrow)? Most of them? lol
19. Most beat up book?I have a book that I bought from a garage sale and it looks like its been read a few times. It is Lover's Bite by Maggie Shayne.
20. Most pristine book? I have a book that I was careful not to even crack the spine and it's in really good shape, it's Wanted: Undead or Alive by Kerrelyn Sparks.
21. A book from your childhood? That would be the Little Boy Blue and his Friends book that I got from my mom.
22. A book that’s not actually your book? They're all mine. lol
23. A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover, etc.)? No, I don't have any of those.
24. A book that is your favorite color? When Darkness Falls by Shannon Drake has a really pretty blue black cover with a gargoyle statue on the cover. It's one of my favorites.
*Corner Hanging Bookshelf*
25. Book that’s been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven’t read? I usually read the books I get pretty fast but Mate Bond by Jennifer Ashley is still sitting on my shelf calling to me.
26. Any signed books? I actually have a lot of signed books from author blogs that I've visited and won or that have been sent to me for review or just because they felt like sending me a book. Here's just a few of the authors that I have autographed books from. Sara Humphreys, Lori Whitwam, Karen Koehler, Brian Keene, Lisa Dale, Kate Douglas, Sam Cheever and James Newman.
I hope you enjoyed this tour through my bookshelves. I'm supposed to tag some other bloggers to do this challenge but I think it's more fun to just let whoever want to do it make a post and share it. So let me know if you write up a Bookshelf Tag post and I'll take a look at it too.