Sunday, May 28, 2023

Apartment Life #368

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post.


I have good news about my neighbor from last week. She was having sciatica pain in her back and that's why she went to the hospital. She said she called her daughter to come help her because she couldn't even get off the couch and the daughter told her to go to the ER. They gave her some muscle relaxers and after a few days she was fine. I've had nerve pain, it's painful. But at least she's ok now. 

----

Wednesday afternoon I heard a dog yelping in my courtyard and looked out to see my neighbors dog (Chop) being taken away by Animal Control. 

I talked to my neighbor who had been outside while that was going on and she said Chop did not like the wife because she beats on him all the time, So when Chop growled at her she called Animal Control to come pick the dog up. The dog only growled at her, didn't hurt the child, didn't scratch anybody, didn't try to bite anybody, it just growled at her because it didn't like her because she hits the dog. I never saw her hit the dog but my neighbor said she saw her do it. I guess my neighbor yelled at the wife when Animal Control was here and the woman shut the door in her face face. 

Update: The very next day the husband went down to the shelter and got his dog back. Not sure that was a good idea since it's obvious the wife doesn't like the dog.

----

I don't know if you can see it very well but there is a fist sized hold in each pane of glass. One in the upper right hand side and one right where the while board is. This is drug dealers bedroom window and one week after the broken window was fixed, I spotted two fist sized holes in the window again.

I don't know if you can see the holes any better in this picture.

Right next door to drug dealer lives a very quiet guy who has a homeless drug addict brother who goes to drug dealer's apartment all the time. The homeless brother busted out his brothers living room window when he wouldn't give him $20 for drugs. That's what the brother who lives there told me. He covered his window with trash bags until it could be fixed. This is not the first time the homeless brother has done this.

---

On Friday afternoon, Swat, police and this ambulance was on my street. I went outside to get better pictures but I was yelled at to go back inside. So all I got was this ambulance and the black car (undercover cop car) that is parked beside it. The black car had it's lights flashing which is why I knew it was a cop car even before the police got out of the car. I heard a flash bang grenade go off while I was going back to my apartment. The police broke someone's bedroom window and threw the flash bang inside. It was just 2 buildings down in my apartment complex. I have no idea what was going on. 

The high this week was 95F/35C
The low this week was 66F/18C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

52 comments:

  1. As you say, sounds like it was a bad idea for the husband to get Chop back, seeing as his wife doesn't like the dog. I fear the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that things work out for them.

      Delete
  2. I feel so sorry for the dog. And the man with the drug addicted brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy week. I bet that wasn't the dog that goes after Falcor, though. And not sure trash bags are going to keep anyone out from going into that apartment and stealing everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that wasn't the dog that went after Falcor. That dog was shot and killed when it went after another dog a few weeks ago.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Mary!

    At least you can report some good news this week. Your neighbor with the bad back is out of the hospital, up on her feet and feeling much better.

    I don't like people who hit dogs and have them taken away by Animal Control for no good reason. Maybe when the hubby picked up Chop and brought him home, he had his cruel wife carted off to the pound.

    Perhaps those fist size holes in drug dealer's window were placed there by the drug dealer himself, creating a convenient drive-thru window. All he needs now is a sign above it boasting "Over 99 Billion Served." Is he still supposed to be moving out at the end of the month?

    Swat teams, police, ambulance and grenades tossed into apartments - it's all part of the Friday afternoon fun on your block. Let's hope it was the most excitement you'll have in your vicinity this long holiday weekend.

    Okay, this is the last you'll see me here at Dark Thoughts for a while, because I am starting a blog break that will last until the second week of June. I'll see you then. Take care of yourself, your family and my good buddy Falcor, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is feeling better. Have a good time off.

      Delete
  5. Great that your neighbor is doing better. Pain is a biatch. I have had some this week after a gym class and tooth pain, but it's going well and once I get my crown after root canal I think it will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, hopefully the tooth pain is better now.

      Delete
  6. busy week, lots of excitement there

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m mad you were told to go back inside! 🤣 You are like the Vegas Police Beat reporter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao I was too until I heard that loud flash bang and then I hightailed it back inside.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad your neighbor is okay. And I hope poor Chop doesn't get picked up by animal control again. There's always something going on where you live. Let's hope this week is less exciting. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy week. I wonder if swat and the flash bomb will hit the newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find anything about it.

      Delete
  10. Glad your neighbor is okay and got some meds to help her pain. Your neighborhood has had a lot of excitement this week! Hope things will be a little calmer. :) ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes, I'm worried for the doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, what a week in you neck of the woods. That man who went and got his dog back should take his wife to the pound and drop her off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people should not have animals.

      Delete
  13. It has yet been 90 degrees. Yet!
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, think it was a bad idea to get Chop back.
    Good to know your neighbour is doing better.

    Hugs and blessings, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Siatica pain can be excruciating. Perhaps your neighbor had a mild case, and got better after a few days.
    Keeping a dog at home should be agreed upon by all members of the family living in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such terrible drama!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad your neighbor is doing better now that she knows what the source of pain is from. Poor Chop, what an ass the woman is for smacking him around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hopefully she will leave the dog alone now.

      Delete
  18. I have empathy with your neighbor and her sciatica pain after I experienced it for the first time last fall. I'm with you on the guy maybe not bringing the dog back to the apartment since she's down on it.
    That poor guy with the druggie brother.

    Happy Memorial Day and wishing you a safe week with no SWAT and police incidents. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had that pain too, not fun. Hopefully this week is quiet.

      Delete
  19. Your temperatures are hot!
    Pleased that your neighbour is okay and has got some medication to help her pain.

    Hope the week ahead will be a quiet and safe one for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. If the woman hits the dog, Animal Control should have taken her away. Wonder if the husband would have gone down there to retrieve her the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She shouldn't be anywhere near the dog.

      Delete
  21. I really hate how some people treat dogs and other animals. It makes so sad to know that this dog isn't being treated well. Stay safe, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Maybe I'm horrible for saying it, but I hope that dog does bite the hell out of her. She deserves it. I cannot stand anyone who hits animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if it does then it would be put down as a vicious dog. So I hope she gets along with the dog for her husbands sake.

      Delete
  23. My mom had sciatica pain and they had to give her pain shots too. I didn't know what it was before that. I hope your neighbor does well.

    Flash bangs!

    It's 90 here today so we're getting some weather like you have (although I'm sure you're still warmer there!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 90 is 90. lol I'm just hoping the 100's stay away for a few more weeks.

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. it's not even the first time for that around here.

      Delete
  25. I feel sorrow for Chop and for the brother of the homeless druggie, but good for him for not encouraging his habit.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm glad your neighbor didn't have anything life threatening. 🙌

    It probably wasn't a good idea for the dog owner to go and get his dog back because if the wife does beat the dog it will probably end up biting her at some point and, then it will most likely get put down. 😔

    There was a shooting near my house and the suspect's car was pulled over on a street that my son walks down on his way to and from work, and then of course like you are saying, nothing is ever heard about it later. A couple of weeks ago a house two houses up from the corner my son turns on there was a drug raid and the police confiscated a stockpile of assault weapons. I am so ready to get out of this neighborhood. I wish you could move, too. 😕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, you had too much going on around you. I hope that things quiet down around here once drug dealer is gone.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.