Sunday, June 25, 2023

Apartment Life #272

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

This week the police did show up once for a fight across the street. At least it wasn't for my complex this time. I think it was the same people that I saw fighting a few weeks ago but I'm not sure. 

So here's a bit of a weird mystery. I was walking the dog and spotted this rolled carpet in the middle of the street by this van. It looked brand new and there was quite a bit of it. I figured that maybe the guys in this van were installing carpet but the carpet stayed in the street for a while and the van left and it was still there. Later on the carpet was gone so someone got it.

---
I haven't been seeing as many of the drug addicts around here since drug dealer left. I actually think he took some of them with him to his new neighborhood. There are still a few around here though but I hardly see them.

---


Things were quiet this past week with drug dealer evicted but now we're seeing more gang activity. One night my daughter saw some guys tagging the alley wall and the next morning I saw 4 guys tagging the alley wall. Metro patrols around here a lot but sh*t still happens. All the tagging sure keeps the maintenance guys around here busy painting over it though.

The high this week was 96F/35C
The low this week was 66F/18C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

44 comments:

  1. At least somebody's painting over it.

    It sounds like things have improved a bit since the dealer left -- thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maintenance here is kept busy painting over the graffiti. Having drug dealer gone sure made things quiet around here.

      Delete
  2. We had two police cars and at least five police visit a near neighbour yesterday. They were there quite a while - no idea why.
    I hope the the dealer takes all of his 'friends' with him.
    Your carpet mystery is very odd indeed.
    We haven't got up to your minimum temperature this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like quite a bit was going on by you too. I don't know I don't know what was up with the carpet in the middle of the street.

      Delete
  3. That's funny about the carpet. Weird to see if it in the street like that!

    96. We got almost that hot the other day. And of course our air went bad. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to read that your air finally got fixed.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad things are a little quieter for you. But damn, that's hot weather!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just wait until August when it gets to be upwards of 118 f

      Delete
  5. It wouldn't be a bad thing for the dealer to take all of his friends with him! Strange about the carpet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it wouldn't. The carpet is still a mystery.

      Delete
  6. That is so strange that someone just left a roll of carpet in the street!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good riddance drug dealer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that roll of carpet didn't have a body rolled up in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder who lost that roll of carpet in the first place. And all that tagging is so frustrating. At least most of the druggies are gone now. That's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep got rid of the druggies and now the gangs are tagging the walls.

      Delete
  10. Or maybe the carpet fell off the back of a lorry and someone grabbed it - especially if it was brand-new.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m glad the drug dealer stuff is slowing down, but I wonder what’s up with the gangs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always been gang stuff and gangs around here, but for the most part we hadn't been seeing a whole lot of them until recently

      Delete
  12. Weird about that carpet. Great the druggies moved on and now it is a bit quiet for you. Not perfect but a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the the druggies are pretty much gone except for a few stragglers, but now the gangs are showing up a little bit more around here tagging stuff and the graffitiating the place up

      Delete
  13. Strange about the carpet! Sorry to ask (and sound ignorant) but is the tagging just graffiti or is there a deeper meaning to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not real sure about all the graffiti I know for the most part it's gangs spray painting their gang signs and messages and then other ganges will come cross out their gang stuff right their own gang stuff and another color sometimes because their rival gangs. And if a rival gang catches another game crossing out their stuff there could be a a war or gunfire because you just don't do that.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for coming back to me. Sounds a pain, when you finally think you're rid of of the druggies the gangs show up! Hope they just stick to the tagging and then disappear. Take care. viv

      Delete
    3. Hopefully that's all they do.

      Delete
  14. Wow, always something happening. Is tagging elated to gangs, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely the gangs that are doing the tagging

      Delete
  15. That would be really good if even some of the druggies relocated with the drug man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure seems like drug dealer took some of the druggies with him to his new neighborhood which is just fine with me.

      Delete
  16. Yay for seeing fewer druggies! Good riddance! Bummer about the gangs. Not sure what is worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing. I hope we don't see more gang activity here now.

      Delete
  17. You should probably start your own gang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little old lady carrying a taser...gang?

      Delete
  18. Hopefully the gang activity levels off at tagging and doesn't progress. Glad there are fewer drug addicts, tho. Hopefully fewer needles and other trash that could be harmful to Falcor should he find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping. I've actually seen a few new druggies around here this week which surprised me.

      Delete
  19. The carpet thing sounds so weird

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope there wasn't a body in that rolled up carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe after awhile the last druggies will move on. I hope the police can keep the gang from settling in. 😐

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.