Sunday, June 11, 2023

Apartment Life #370

 

This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 


Drug dealer and his wife moved out for good about 2 weeks ago but they kept coming back and dealing in the apartment. They left the apartment to the druggies to keep dealing and drugging and it was business as usual for most of the month even though they had moved all their stuff out. Several residents complained to management but were told they couldn't do anything until the end of the month when the 30 eviction would be at the end. But the police showed up on the 3rd which was a Saturday because there was a bunch of people in the apartment and they were making a bunch of noise. There were more drug addicts there than I have seen in months, it was a free for all in there. I'm pretty sure it was my elderly neighbor that called the police because there were guys that she said looked like gang members going to and from the apartment and she didn't feel safe. The police kicked everyone out but an hour later Teresa (drug Dealers wife) showed up with a car full of crackheads and she let them all back into the apartment with her key.


The constable came 2 days later on Monday morning and officially evicted everyone from drug dealers apartment. Drug dealer moved out 2 weeks ago but left it open to all the druggies around here. They all got kicked out that morning though, 2 people went out the bedroom window. Lol They changed the locks, and boarded up the door and windows. They are officially gone! Maintenance has been around almost everyday making sure no one is going back inside the apartment even though the board over the door has been removed a couple of times overnight by the druggies. But I haven't seen hardly any of the druggies around here for the last couple of days. I am really hoping they have moved on somewhere else. 



On Thursday there was a big fight between two guys across the street. I saw one hit the other before they took it back inside and a few minutes later I saw the ambulance showed up. They were inside the apartment for over 30 minutes before they brought a guy out on the stretcher and took him to the ER. The police never showed up though which I was really surprised about. 


The high this week was 97F/36C
The low this week was 69F/20C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

44 comments:

  1. Yes! Let's hope those druggie losers have moved on! Wishing for some quiet times for you, Mary! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the next people to move in will be quiet.

      Delete
  2. I certainly hope your druggies have gone, but they sound as persistent as mold. At least it sounds like the building management is taking serious measures to expunge them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very persistent. I only see a few of them still hanging around here.

      Delete
  3. I really hope the druggies are gone for good and that the home is rented to another lot. That sounds like it was quite a fight. I hope you can have some quieter times from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 4 vacant apartments in my courtyard now so I hope the next people to move in are sane.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Mary!

    I was wondering what happened to drug dealer and his wife in my absence. Now I know. It amazes me that he and his "clients" kept occupying the unit and partying even after eviction. Wifey even had a key to the place. Now that the apartment is locked tighter than Fort Knox, maybe there will finally be peace of mind for you and your law abiding neighbors. Let's just hope the managers thoroughly vet the next tenant that moves in to make sure he's not another member of the same drug gang.

    The fistfight in the other unit was a reminder that your block is home to other unsavory characters that might also need to be evicted if they don't settle down.

    So this is my last visit to Dark Thoughts until November, Mary. I hope to see you this coming week at Shady's Place, and then I'll be "ghosting" you and other friends for five months while I move up north. Please take good care of yourself and my buddy Falcor and I'll see you in the weeks before Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They hung on for a long time until they couldn't for a while. I hope that you have a safe move.

      Delete
  5. I hope that they stay away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, I only see a few of them around now.

      Delete
  6. So I guess all the hoopla was drug dealer's revenge for his being kicked out. Icing on the cake was, after the police kicked the first group out, his wife came back with more. All in all, seems drug dealer knows the law and used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. They were officially evicted until the constable came and locked them out and maintenance changed the locks.

      Delete
  7. Hopefully you get some normal new neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully the druggies are gone for good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of action this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes this happens in our groups too, drug dealers come back to use the amenities or to converse . Eventually they'll leave.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, hopefully the druggies are gone for good, but I wouldn't be surprised if they turn up again. They won't take no for an answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of them moved over to the new neighborhood where drug dealer lives now.

      Delete
  12. Hopefully the complex will be much quieter now and they have truly moved on! Fingers crossed! ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Never ends. Although that's good that Maintenance is at least trying to keep it secure. Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad the police and management have gotten those folks out of the apartment. Hopefully they stay out and you and your neighbors can have a touch more peace than before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are already working in the apartment to get it ready for the next tenants. I can only hope the next people are quiet.

      Delete
  15. Finally, the druggies are out. Hopefully your situation will improve. They need to get the right kind of tenants in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the new people that move in are sane.

      Delete
  16. So glad to hear the druggies are gone! Fingers crossed it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope the druggies stay away, far away. That was sure a lot of activity going on, WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, things have been crazy for a while.

      Delete
  18. It sounds like you had a pretty exciting week in the neighborhood. I am glad that the druggies are finally gone.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A shame that the Junkies have taken over your Community and that Management and the Police have mostly been impotent to protect the Law Abiding Residents and make it a safe place for you all to live without all that Criminal Activity going on incessantly. It makes for Apartment Life Crazy Blog Fodder, but I know you really need a break from it all Mary and I do Hope the Dealers and their Patrons have Moved On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the most part the druggies have all left. I see a few of them that have been here for years but just a few.

      Delete
  20. Oy, where will we be getting our drugs now that the dealer has been evicted? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the gang members down the street most likely.

      Delete
  21. Hey Mary! Hallelujah, the end of the drug dealer phase is upon you!! I'm glad to hear the management is finally taking it seriously and keeping them out. I hope it holds.

    I've been MIA for the past month due to my "real life" and I have missed out on a lot. I think things are quieting down, so I should be "back to normal" now. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully things get back to normal for you.

      Delete
  22. Wow! Good riddance, and calmer days for you. 👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.