Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Book Review: Taken By The Tiger King by Kenzie Skye

 

Book Description

Raoul is the king of the tigers. He's looking for his mate. Unfortunately, she's not one of the tigresses in his streak, so he takes to the city streets on a hunt for her.

And when he finds her, nothing is going to stop him from taking her…



My Review

Raoul has been looking for his mate but she isn't in his streak so he goes looking for her. She turns out to be a human which doesn't sit well with some of his people. Not that he cares. When he bumps into Mya he knows right away that she his mate and brings her back to his place where he keeps her locked in a room until he has more time to get to know her. 

I didn't care for this story and read about half of it before I realized that I just couldn't read anymore because of how Mya was being treated. I didn't like it and I just wasn't feeling this story so I didn't finish it. I wanted to like it but a book has to keep me engaged and interested for me to keep reading and this one didn't do that. Others might like this one but it wasn't for me. 

This was a DNF (Did Not Finish) for me. 


32 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen a DNF from you before. Locked in a room till he has time? Bah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure doesn't happen very often for me.

      Delete
  2. Bad, bad,bad tiger...

    ReplyDelete
  3. one star! wow no good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He keeps her locked in a room? That wouldn't have worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure didn't work for me either.

      Delete
  5. "loked in a room" lmao

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, yeah, not real romantic when he has to lock her in a room and doesn't try to do the getting to know you stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a good one, but not all books can be a fit for us. Better luck with the next one.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes the best thing to do is just move on to something else. I hope that your next read is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't remember seeing a DNF from you before!
    Hope your next read will make up for it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bummer! Sorry this one didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens. Hopefully the next one is better.

      Delete
  11. WOW, we don't remember seeing a DNF here before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure doesn't happen very often.

      Delete
  12. I need to get better about DNFing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I don't do it nearly enough. lol

      Delete
  13. I'm sorry you couldn't get into it. I love tiger romances and got excited for a minute there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I had high hopes for this one.

      Delete
  14. I have a hard time with this particular trope (captivity) and tend to avoid it. Sometimes an author can make it work for me, but it's not often.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry this didn't work for you. Sometimes DNFing is the best option.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too bad it did not work for you

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.