Sunday, November 26, 2023

Apartment Life #294

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 25 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post.  

On Monday night the fire truck and an ambulance showed up. They brought someone out on a stretcher and they were taken away to the ER. 

A friend told me about an APP called Pulse that you can download and see why the fire department is in your area. They don't cover all places and they don't have the police on there but now I can see why the fire department is in the area. All it says is "Medical Emergency" but that's more info than I had before. If there's a fire, it will say that as well.  This was listed as a medical emergency. 


On Tuesday an ambulance showed up right across the street. 

When the fire department showed up a minute later I looked on the Pulse App and it said they were there for a medical emergency. It doesn't give much info but I'll know if it's a fire at least. 

Later on that night the police were at the end of my apartment building with the lights on. Right before they showed up the police helicopter was flying really low around my apartment complex. Then several police cars pulled up across the street but those pictures didn't come out good. There were about four police cars in all plus an ambulance that showed up but left soon after. The fire truck showed up for a couple of minutes but they also left soon after. I went outside to get better pictures but one of the cops yelled at me and told me to go inside. They don't like it when you're trying to take pictures.

Like I said the pictures didn't come out so good because they were three buildings down from mine but still in my apartment complex. I took the dog outside and tried to get better pictures that didn't happen. There were at least 4 police cars out there and you can see the bright lights from their cars down the street. Several of the police cars were where that tiny blue light is. They were out there for about 2 hours but I have no idea what was going on. 
----

When the fire dept. showed up on Wednesday, I looked on the Pulse App and it said "Structure Fire" It was in my courtyard and there was no smoke, no fire. The fire department only stayed about 3 minutes. I thought someone was burning the turkey for Thanksgiving. lol  I guess it can't be right every time. lol 

This is what the Pulse App looks like when you pull it up. I circled where they came out for Wednesday. And since probably 75% of my blogger friends already have my address, I'm not worried about posting this. lol  If someone really wanted to stalk me, I doubt it would be too hard to find me anyway. 

Thursday the police showed up for a domestic fight going on in my courtyard. One apartment had a bunch of people over and they had all been shouting at each other. It was Thanksgiving so that really doesn't surprise me but no one was arrested. Is it really Thanksgiving without a family fight where the police show up? lol


It was a full week. 
I don't think the police, fire department and ambulances have ever showed up this much in one week. And these are just the instances that I noticed. There might have been more that I didn't see. 

The high this week was 67F/19C
The low this week was 35F/1C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

41 comments:

  1. The "structure fire" that wasn't might have resulted from somebody calling the fire department but giving the wrong address. So the truck showed up where nothing was happening.

    What you really need is an app that shows you why the druggies are near your place. "Throwing needles away", "burglary for drug money", "need bush to shit behind", et cetera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would be more helpful. Lol

      Delete
  2. You see the police/fire brigade and ambulances much more than we do. When four police cars showed up at a new neighbours house I think a lot of the street was talking about it all week. And we have no idea what (if anything) happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People hardly talk about it when it happens around here now because it happens so often.

      Delete
  3. So this was truck fire week LOL. At least nothing actually caught fire...

    "Is it really Thanksgiving without a family fight where the police show up? lol"
    That's sad though, isn't it? I wonder why people who don't get along insist on spending the festivities together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea but that sure seems to me the way Thanksgiving is. You get together once a year, are you, have some food, and hopefully the police don't show up.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Mary!

    I'm back on the blogging scene for another three-day stint, dear friend. It was indeed a busy week in your neighborhood, with responders of one type or another showing up four days in a row at units near yours. Looks like nothing too serious happened, but even so, it seems there's never a dull moment in your part of town. I'm glad you have that app to let you know what type of emergency is going down on any given day or night. Hope you had a peaceful weekend so far. Say "bowwow" for me to my favorite pooch Falcor and have a safe and happy week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thankfully there was nothing too serious going on this week just a lot of nothing too serious this week. I'll say hi to falcor for you have a good week and I hope you had a good Thanksgiving too.

      Delete
  5. There might be shouting on Thanksgiving but most families don't call the police about it.
    Handy app. I need to download it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been going to the wrong family Thanksgiving. I remember one Thanksgiving my mom's boyfriend stabbed my uncle in the stomach. The cops were definitely called that year.

      Delete
  6. That’s a lot in one week. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you I hope you did too.

      Delete
  7. Wow...another busy week at your apartment complex. Glad none of the ambulances were for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure has been busy at your place and that app sounds pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was an interesting app too.

      Delete
  9. I'm sure you could well do without police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks. I get dizzy only from having a look at these apparitions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A busy week for your neighborhood. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to hear the structure fire didn't cause any major damage. Fires are so dangerous! Cool that the app tells you what kind of call it is. I'll look up that app!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There actually wasn't a fire. They must have had the wrong address or something.

      Delete
  12. Police, Fire, Ambulance, helicopter and a fight? It was a banner week. Of course, I had to look into that App, but the only Pulse I see available in my area are heart monitors. Poo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, yeah it's not available everywhere.

      Delete
  13. Wow that was a full week. burning the turkey lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was. Could have been the turkey, but I think they just had the wrong address.

      Delete
  14. "Is it really Thanksgiving without a family fight where the police show up?" Sounds like Thanksgiving is pretty wild in your neighbourhood!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They should defo open a police post in your street.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing like the holidays to bring out the best in folks! I hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. One crazy week again

    ReplyDelete
  18. I imagine that the closer it gets to Christmas, the more activity you'll see in the neighborhood. The holidays do tend to stress people out and put them on edge.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.