Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Recipe: Chicken Thigh Tray-bake

 

I make a lot of low carb meals in the oven. I especially like doing it this way because you just through everything on a baking tray, add some no calorie cooking spray, spices and throw it in the oven. You can do a lot of different types of meat or fish and different vegetables and it always comes out good. I eat vegetable heavy since I cut things like pasta, rice and potatoes out of my diet for the most part. So that's why I made several different types of vegetables with the chicken.

What to do: 

Add one chicken thigh per person to a baking tray. Add 3 carrots, 3 celery stalks, 1 package of sliced mushrooms and one package of cherry tomatoes to the tray. Spray all the vegetables with no calorie cooking spray and add whatever spices you like to the chicken and vegetables. Bake at 350F for 75 minutes or until everything is cooked the way you like it. 

I leave the skin on the chicken while cooking so the thighs don't dry out and just toss it once it's cooked. I've been trying to eat low calorie as well as low carb for the last couple of months. We'll see how that goes. For those that like the skin, feel free to keep it and eat it. 

Would you eat this?

24 comments:

  1. Well done on your BIG change in diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only eat chicken breasts but it would work for any piece. Good you are aiming for low calorie as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just eat a lot more vegetables and salads now.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I eat dishes like this once a week. I’ve been using eggplant lately and really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd eat the chicken and carrots. 😁 I dislike carrots and roasted tomatoes... how do I say this...they don't like being in my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I get it. Any vegetables would do for this recipe though.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the easy bake tip for chicken and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yea, I would eat that too, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would totally eat this! And I love that you can add whatever veggies that you want to it. Thanks for sharing this. I can't wait to make it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. There are so many good vegies that would work for this.

      Delete
  8. Looks beautiful and yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the past I would definitely have eaten this. Thigh meat is my favorite part of the chicken. I'm plant based now, however, so I no longer eat chicken. I would eat all the vegetables though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roasted vegetables are my favorite way to cook them.

      Delete
  10. Oven dishes are always the most practical but I do hate turning on the oven during summer LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it gets above 100 here, I don't turn it on.

      Delete
  11. Most definitely except, though I love mushrooms, they are high fodmap, something I can no longer eat. I never thought of roasting celery, so will be interesting when I make this recipe ... probably in the instant pot to cut the roasting time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love sheet pan meals. So easy to just put it all in the oven at once and have a perfectly cooked meal in an hour.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.