Thursday, September 26, 2024

Book Review: The Beta's Challenge by Alexa Phoenix

 

Book Description

When my brothers and I decided to start a new life inside a new pack that accepted us, when all others turned us away, I vowed never to endure the pain of a mate bond again.

However, I should have known fate always enjoys playing games with us. One look and everything I’ve built comes crashing down around me.

When I took up an extra shift, one gaze threw everything I had ever worked for out the window.

Conrad Miller, my newest pack’s Beta, was my second chance at a mate.

Blessed by the Moon goddess, he was supposed to be my perfect half. The person who was made to complete my soul, my happily ever after. From his compassion to his protectiveness, he’s everything my wolf has ever wanted.

However, I want nothing to do with him. Unfortunately, he refuses to take no for an answer.

Now, I'm torn between the mate bond and my own desires.

Will I be able to resist his charm, or will fate once again have its way?

If you like paranormal romances with fated mates, intense conflict, and strong women, you’ll love The Beta's Challenge. Recommended for readers 17+


My Review

April's first mate, Josh ended up being a cheat and jerk so April refused to be his mate and she and her brother's left. They are finally able to find a new pack who will accept them and April gets a job at a cafe as well as working at her brother's auto shop. She doesn't plan on having a mate after the horrible first one so when Conrad walks into the cafe and April recognizes him as her mate, she runs. April and Conrad are both wolf shifters and finding a mate should be a happy occasion but it's not for April, she's been through this once already and isn't going to do it again. 

But Conrad doesn't take no for an answer, he just wants her to give him a shot, get to know him a little before she rejects him completely. Conrad is the pack's Beta so either way April knows that she's going to have to see him and agrees to go out with him once to get to know him better. He's nothing like Josh and she's incredibly attracted to him. So she gives him a chance, slowly. But then there's a miscommunication and their relationship takes a backseat until Conrad realizes that April is in danger from her past. 

I loved the banter between her and her family. They were great and they loved her and it showed. Conrad is such a nice guy, I loved him. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. 


7 comments:

  1. Fate does indeed laugh at our plans...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always impressed how authors can take such human emotions and play them out in fantasy worlds. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another fun wolf shifter romance! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one sounds pretty good and that's a very cool cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on Conrad to get her to give him a chance. Love how you describe her family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand April's hesitancy! Glad she ended up with a good guy!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.