Sunday, October 20, 2024

Apartment Life #340

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 25 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post.  

The police were here right a the sun was going down on Tuesday. They were using their flashlights to look at the sidewalk again. I don't know if they found anything because they left soon after. 

There was a loud argument in my courtyard on Wednesday. The lady who moved in a while back and was taken away in the ambulance who had cancer, never came back home. I think she might have passed away. There are now tweaker(drug addict) family members living in her apartment. I see a lot of people coming over, staying for a few seconds and leavin again. It looks like they are dealing drugs to me. Well they got into a fight with each other and the police were called. I didn't see anyone get arrested though which is surprising because it was obvious that some of those people were high as hell. 
---

This grocery cart was sitting on the sidewalk and I noticed that someone had lit a fire inside it and melted part of it. I've seen homeless people use these as BBQ's before and that's likely what happened but this is plastic one not a metal frame cart that they could use for that. 

It was melted pretty good. 
---

Here's an update on the weird bullet situation. A couple of weeks ago I told you my daughter was finding bullets out in the alley. This week I noticed there were three single bullets in one of my neighbors window sills. Now I have no idea if he found them or if they are his. Then I noticed these three bullets in front of his door that someone had stood upright. He was in his apartment at the time and they were right in front of his door so he couldn't have put them there and opened his door to go in. Someone had to have put them there. 

That's weird, right? 

Here are two bullets in his window.

Like, why? I want to ask him what's up but I'm not sure I want to really know if it's a weird reason. A couple of days after these pictures were taken, the manager and security showed up and evicted the guy who was staying there illegally. His sister had rented the apartment and she moved out last month and he had been staying there without paying rent since then. They locked him out/changed the locks and I've seen him hanging out with the homeless people since then. 

This is a screenshot from my 2 window cameras on Friday around Noon time. The bedroom camera was all cloudy skies while the living room camera shows blue clear skies. I thought the contrast was cool. I can pull up both cameras at the same time and see what's happening in both areas. 


The high this week was 91F/32C
The low this week was 58F/14C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

24 comments:

  1. The bullets stood up in front of the apartment might be a threat. His displaying bullets in his window might be a warning not to mess with him. Who knows what he might be involved in. Probably best to stay right away from that situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He got evicted and the manager was taking pictures of the bullets in the window and then they removed them.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking simillar thought to Infidel753 about the bullets. Weideroonies.
    Love the very different views you get from your cameras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that person is gone now.

      Delete
  3. Those bullets look like a two-way threatening conversation between your neighbor (now former neighbor since he's been evicted), and some unknown someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they do. I'm glad he's gone now too.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear! I wonder about the bullets. A short story about them might be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's gone now and I'm glad about that.

      Delete
  5. Agree the bullets are probably a threat.
    One has to be really high to use a plastic shopping cart for a fire pit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably was a threat. Yeah they are always very high so it doesn't surprise me at all.

      Delete
  6. Poor Target! 🤣 I agree with others that the bullets might be some sort of warning/threat being left by two different people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was thinking that too but he's gone now.

      Delete
  7. Yuck, hardly anything stinks worse than burning plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is weird about the bullets. They do sound like a threat...like one you would read about in a mystery/thriller. Have a good week this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the police get excited to come to your place because they never do much once they get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the bullets are not some kind of message....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Infidel753's hypothesis. Those bullets looked like a threat/conversation. You're all well rid of that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A burger with a burning plastic smell sounds sick. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bullet thing was really strange

    ReplyDelete
  14. I concur with Li and infidel753's opinions. Scary s**t and it's everywhere, it seems. But that dual capture-sunny and cloud. Pretty cool. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Strange thing about the bullets ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.