Thursday, October 17, 2024

Book Review: Fallen King by Kenzie Skye

 

Book Description

He might be king of the damned, but he'll be damned if he lets anything get in the way of his obsession...

Fallen king. That’s what they call me, even though I was once the most powerful celestial in the realm. I was wronged, my kingdom ruthlessly stolen from me by my own brother, but I can restore it.

She is the key to restoring it. I’ve watched over her all her life, waiting for the moment I could swoop in and claim her.

And now that it’s finally here, nothing will stop me. And if I’m being totally honest, I want her as more than just a key. She’s become my obsession, and she will be my bride.

Nothing will stop me.

Nothing but a new revelation that could rip all my years of planning to shreds.


My Review

Amelia is an orphan and has no idea that she is the key to Julian getting his kingdom back from his brother. Julian has been watching, directing and meddling in Amelia's life since her birth because he knew he could use her once she turned 18 years old. 

So Julian pretty much kidnaps her before anyone else can get their hands on her and brings her back to the underworld to keep her safe and explain things to her. The only problem? The more time Julian spends with Amelia, the more he grows to care for her, so much so that he's beginning to think that she might be more important than just using her as the key to get his kingdom back. 

These two fell for each other hard and Julian wasn't expecting to have as strong of feelings for her as he did. Amelia finally feels like she has the family that she's always missed having being an orphan. When her ancestry secrets are finally revealed, it was a great twist. 

This was a quick read but the story was so good!

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. 


8 comments:

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.