Friday, October 04, 2024

What's Your Favorite Halloween Candy?

 
What's your favorite Halloween candy?

What is now or was when you were a kid?  Mine was always chocolate. I can't imagine anyone not loving chocolate, but that's another story all together. 

When I was Trick or Treating, I always wanted a lot of candy bars. Didn't matter what kind of candy bar it was because I liked them all. 

My mom liked picking out some of the hard candy for herself and I did the same thing to my daughter when she got home with a huge load of candy at the end of the night, I think most parents do. They wait until the kid has gone to bed, coming down from the sugar rush and then go through the candy stash to pick out their favorites. Stashing them away for later. 

*Don't look at me like that. You know you did it too.*


So what did you hope for when you went Trick or Treating?

Chocolates?
Hard candy?
Lollipops?
Sour candies?
Gummi candies?
Pixie Sticks?
Those weird homemade popcorn balls the old cat lady always made? lol 
Candy corn? I love candy corn. 

What about candied apples? I like them. 

12 comments:


  1. We don't celebrate Halloween here so that is an experience I have never had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Trick-or-treating, always eager to get a Snickers. Now, I really enjoy the Mellowcreme Pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do not have Halloween here, but I imagine I would prefer chocolates if we had. But these days I eat chocolate just on Sunday afternoon and that is the only sugar I take the whole week and also the only industrially made thing I eat. We did have a little kiosk selling candied apples near my school when I was little and it was fun eating them. I wouldn't risk my teeth with them today, though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a kid, I loved Sweet Tarts, Pixie Stix, and Charms Blow Pops or Tootsie Pops. I don’t eat anything but dark chocolate now, but I do like Reese’s Cups, Baby Ruth and Mounds. Actually, any chocolate bar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trick-or-treating was a long time ago for me, and I don't remember much of it, but I've always preferred chocolate too. These days full-size snickers bars are supposed to be the gold standard.

    Never heard of parents taking some of their kids' candy for themselves. I don't think mine would have done that, but I suppose you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always appreciated Tootsie Pops or the weird caramel apple lollipops, just because those were unusual to get another time. Not available at the movie theatre (the other time I'd maybe get some candy).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would go for Mars bars

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little chewy chocolate tootsie rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snickers ~ or not ~ lol

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBurg Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was a kid I loved tootsie roll pops. But my favorite was always Reesus peanut butter cups. Still is. And I loved licking the carmel off the candied apples, but then I never wanted to eat the apple. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back when the kid went door-to-door, she would select a baby ruth every once in a while for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorites were chocolate. Snickers. Milky Ways. Reese's Cups. After that were Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Roll pops. Although I liked other candy favorites of the early 60's as a child (such as Pixie Sticks, Lik-m-Aid, and even candy cigarettes), they weren't welcome for Halloween. I hated getting candy corn. To this day I can't stand it. Unfortunately my mother had the same likes as I did and my chocolate seemed to vanish by the morning after. Did I do that to my child? Not saying. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.