Sunday, July 19, 2026
Apartment Life #429
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 27 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 27 years here in a weekly blog post.
Fire department showed up to clear and make sure the fire hydrants were working. I didn't get a video of that because he barely turned this one on. Just wanted to make sure it worked I guess.
It was a quiet week.
The high this week was 109F/42C
The low this week was 84F/28C
We had 42% humidity one day this week. Bring back the dry heat! 🤣🤣
So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad the fire hydrants are checked in that heat you have there, Mary. Take care.
ReplyDeleteThey are pretty good about checking them.
DeleteMust be nice to have a quiet week for a change.
ReplyDeleteIt was. I was surprised.
DeleteI hope it cools down for you. Your heat seems quite extreme.
ReplyDeleteIt will start cooling down in October.
DeleteSometimes it's very nice to have a quiet week. I bet the police and the firefighters are happy that they didn't have to come to put out a dumpster fire or rest anybody, lol. Happy Sunday
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they are as happy as I was there was no dumpster fires this week.
DeleteSO quiet! I can't believe it LOL. It's a good thing that they checked the hydrants, given the penchant some people have for starting fires around there...
ReplyDeleteI know, right? lol
DeleteVery quiet week! Our humidity has been in the high eighties in the morning here - that is just miserable.
ReplyDeleteOh no, that sounds terrible.
DeleteHot times there. I am under a blanket bc it got rather chilly last night and hasn’t warmed up yet.
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to October when it will cool down again.
DeleteQuiet week is good! But 109 is pretty hot. Any sign of a cool down?
ReplyDeleteNot until October.
DeleteHope this week is peaceful too!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope so.
DeleteOh my goodness, 42C, and we're moaning that it's been in the thirties here, haha.
ReplyDeleteI get it. Hot is hot. Anything that makes me sweat is still too hot.
DeleteI've lived in apartments for quite a bit of my life. Not a big fan.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the quiet week.
I'm not a fan either.
DeleteOh goodness! I hope the temperature cools down this week for you. We had unseasonably cooler weather this past week, which was so nice for a change, but the heat is coming back very soon.
ReplyDeleteOh no. Sorry to hear that. October will be cooler here.
DeleteYay for a quiet week!
ReplyDeleteIt was a nice change.
DeleteA quiet week! How wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIt was a nice change.
DeleteI hope that means a quiet week for you.
ReplyDeleteHopefully it will be.
DeleteWOW! Quiet week indeed! Around here, the water company checks the pressure of the hydrants once/year. It was a quiet week too, since my son moved and my husband has been traveling for work.
ReplyDeleteIt was a nice change. I'm glad you had some quiet too.
DeleteI think this is the least dramatic week at your place I've ever read about :-)
ReplyDeleteIt happens once in a while, not too often.
DeleteThank goodness for a quiet day! They've been clearing out hydrants in our nearby town.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice not to have police and fighting going on this week. It's good they make sure they work.
DeleteWell! It makes a nice change to have a quiet week.
ReplyDeleteTake care Mary, my good wishes.
All the best Jan
Thank you. It was nice and quiet.
DeleteHooray for quiet weeks.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to have a quiet week.
DeleteWe have a fire hydrant in our cul de sac. There is almost always a car parked right in front of it. Hope we don't get any fires!
ReplyDeleteThe fire department here would break a window in the car and stick their hose right through the car if they had to use that hydrant.
DeleteUgh. Yes, I could feel the heat too. Thankfully it started raining the other day. Hope it gets cooler soon. Are you planning to move out soon?
ReplyDelete42 C is quite daunting.
ReplyDeleteI hope the quiet life continues.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Mary, that is awful and it's the humidity that usually gets me, though this heat would have me fainting on the spot. Back in the old days didn't they leave the fire hydrants on so that the kids could cool down? I guess water conserving is a thing now.
ReplyDelete