Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Been a hard week

I haven't been around to write much here because my mom's dog died and she's been pretty upset. Bootsie was 17 years old and he died on the 25th at 4 am. My mom woke up and he was laying next to her on his pillow. She said she just looked over at him and knew he was almost gone. She picked him up and he took his last breaths as she held him.

I found a place here in town that will pick him up, take him back and cremate him, put his ashes in a small wooden box with his name engraved on it and bring the box back to her in 1-2 weeks. They were so nice to my mom on the phone and when the young man came out to pick bootsie up.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm so sorry. Hubby and I have gone through something similar recently and my heart goes out to your mother.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.