Saturday, May 02, 2015

Recipe: Dipping Sauce


Have you ever been to a fast food place called, Raising Cane's? They have a dipping sauce for their chicken fingers that is soooo good. So I went looking to see if there was a dipping sauce similar to the one I like so much and I found this one

The recipe found on that site is...

Ingredients

1 cup mayonnaise 
1/2 cup Heinz ketchup
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Instructions

In a small bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well blended. Store in an air-tight container for a few hours before serving. Will stay good in a container for up to 2 weeks.

Yields: 1 1/2 cups

I like a dipping sauce for my chicken fingers but I also love to find a good dipping sauce for raw vegetables. I like to have a large vegetable platter out for holidays and and for snacking on during the week and this sauce was really good for raw vegetables. I used to use my mom's recipe for buttermilk dipping sauce and I still use that but this is really good too. 

*Recipe from CopyKat.com*

12 comments:

  1. We don't have that place here, but my son does at college and he loves it.

    Years ago, we loved the creamy BBQ sauce at The Ground Round. I asked for their recipe and it is just mayo and BBQ sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny hen you find out what's in a sauce and it's so easy to make.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure it's tasty, but I don't like the colour of that sauce. Don't they have any dark ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could add something to make it darker.

      Delete
  3. Don't even think we have such a place up here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds like a nice dip, although I can't imagine how it tastes. Will have to give this a try once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sauces but rarely make them. Never heard of that place. I'd have to find something other than the mayo to add. I just...I can't. I get too wigged out over it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Hmm I can't think of anything to replace it with.

      Delete
  6. This remind me of the Fry Sauce my sister in law gets and whips up when we go out to visit them in Utah. I'm not a mayo fan so I don't like it, but I know many love it. I'm a boring BBQ or ranch or honey mustard dipper. ;)

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.