Thursday, June 22, 2017

Review: Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands


Book Description

The third book in her phenomenal Argeneau vampire series, Single White Vampire by the incomparable Lynsay Sands is an unadulterated delight! This paranormal romance classic follows the romantic adventures of a dark and handsome immortal who writes paranormal romances, and who’d love to sink his teeth into his sexy new editor. When it comes to red hot vampire love stories, New York Times and USA Today bestseller Lynsay Sands is Queen of the Night!


My Review

Lucern (Luc) Argeneau is a recluse writer and vampire. His vampire novels are now classified as Paranormal Romance and his fans are quite feisty and want to see more of him or at the very least get a response to the many letters they have been sending him. His editor is at her wits end because he won't agree to do interviews, go to book signings and barely replies to her many emails. 

So when Kate, his new editor shows up on his doorstep out of the blue, he's more than a little miffed and surprised. But if he thinks he's gonna get rid of her quickly, he sure has another thing coming. It was at this point in the book that I knew this was going to be an awesomely funny read and I wasn't disappointed. 

Between his being hungry because his bags of blood end up on the floor or go missing and Kate not knowing what's really going on because she has no idea that he's based his books on his family...real life vampires. This book had me laughing so many times. Luc might have a lot of experience with more than 600 years of life behind him but he never experienced anything like whirlwind Kate and just being around her brings out more of the man he should have been instead of the grumpy curmudgeon that he had been. He might have become bored with life but with Kate around, the one thing he'll never be is bored. 

I loved this one. I love it when a book can make me laugh and have a great story with great characters. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 


On a side note: I'd like to wish my daughter a very happy birthday. She turns 26 today. My, how time fly's. 

28 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you daughter! Time does fly believe me I know how it is my babies are 25 and 27, daughters as well. I hope that your daughter had a great day! So happy that you enjoyed the book and 5 stars, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She came over this past weekend and celebrated her birthday with us since she has to work today.

      Delete
  2. I did not see this one being funny but in your review it definitely sounds like it would have me laughing. Usually a writer, vampire combo is a female author who writes PNR and starts a relationship with a real-life vampire. I've never seen one where the male was not only a vampire but a writer of PNR as well.

    Happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so funny! I never laughed so much. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I've never ready Lynsay Sands, but she has been on my TBR list for a while. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday Mary, thanks for the book review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't beat a well written fun one. Writing his own tales is a good twist to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 oout of 5... That's a winner, all right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I remember way back when this came out, Vampire romance was the new black and Sands was the blackest. It's amazing how this genre has grown and probably thanks in part to this very series. Thanks for the great review Mary. ps my baby turned 37 this year talk about time flying LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still playing catch up on this series.

      Delete
  8. Hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday. I love when a book makes me laugh. This is an author that I need to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some really funny parts.

      Delete
  9. Sounds good but vampires are scary! Happy Birthday to your daughter from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This vampire was not scary. He was sexy. lol Thank you.

      Delete
  10. I love this author. He books always make me chuckle. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your daughter ... it is quite frightening how the years go.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter. I love it when a book makes me laugh. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She really is a hoot! I need to get myself caught up with her series. Aw happy little late birthday to the kidlet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's great and thanks for the birthday wishes for my daughter.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.