Sunday, July 21, 2019

Apartment Life #90

This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.

For whatever reason my apartment manager had the maintenance guy paint the rocks in front of the complex, black. They had been rock color as you can see towards the bottom of the rock. The maintenance guy didn't even bother painting the entire thing, he left them looking like this. He pushed the smaller rocks up to the bigger rocks he painted but you can still see the bottom of the rocks aren't painted. 

These rocks look ridiculous. The least he could have done was paint it further down. I even waited a couple of weeks to see if he would come back and fix them and he hasn't. 

I also found out that our complex was sold and my apartment manager's last day is the 24th. After that we get a new manager and new maintenance man. All the residents were sent a letter with the new fees for things like renters insurance, eviction filing fee's, month to month rent increases and late payment fees. The rent is now due on the 1st with no grace period and all the older people on social security who don't get their checks until the 3rd are going to the manager and complaining. We're hoping that the new owners will chance the grace period until the 3rd with no late fees until the 4th for these people. We'll see. 


So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

42 comments:

  1. Those rocks look bizarre.
    I do hope the grace period can be extended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look bizarre. I hope so too.

      Delete
  2. I don't get the reason to paint the rocks in the first place but he could at least have finished the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next, they'll be doing some artistic murals, and I say 'artistic' lightly.

      Delete
    2. The manager wanted him too. They were going to paint all the trim black too but not now with new owners coming in.

      Delete
    3. If there are "artistic murals", they'll probably paint only the top half of each one.

      Delete
  3. Those rocks do look ridiculous. If the guy had painted each rock completely, the paint would have gotten on the tiny rocks surrounding them and looked even worse. It was just a silly idea.

    The new owners sound like assholes, abolishing the grace period. Sadly, they'll probably give you a lot more material for these posts in the weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping when they see how many elderly people live here and are going to have a hard time with this, they will relent just a little. I really hope things stay quiet.

      Delete
  4. Nope, I don't get the point of painting those rocks at all!
    Fingers crossed the new complex managers aren't as heartless as they sound like they're going to be :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it either. They didn't finish whatever they were doing. I hope the new manager will give us a little grace period.

      Delete
  5. Umm what was the point? Geez. Ugg, hopefully things turn out okay with the new owners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know. I bet the new owners change it though.

      Delete
  6. Perhaps the painter deliberately left the rock bottom in its original color, for some decorative reason known only to him.

    New owners, new rules - that's what usually happens when a property is sold. Hopefully, the grace period will be extended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope the grace period will be extended. I'm sure the new manager will fix the rocks.

      Delete
  7. Ugly rocks and stupid management, dang!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that grace period is strict. Our residents (most on SSI) get till the tenth and three warnings. I hope your new management makes some big changes, quick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's strage. To see them better?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rofl those rocks just crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those rocks are pathetic looking. Should have painted them all the way or painted something nice on them. Hope management extends the grace period, that would nice.
    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the new manager fixes all of it.

      Delete
  12. No no, I can like rocks here and there, but paint them black? WHY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wanted the trim on the buildings painted black too but that hasn't happened.

      Delete
  13. They look so awful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why on earth would they decide to paint the rocks black? That is so weird!! Sorry you're faced with all those price increases---I really do hope they change the grace period for people who need it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do too. I don't understand the black rocks at all.

      Delete
  15. I sure hope you get a good manger and maintenance man.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  16. The rocks have me laughing. Like WTF seriously? Geez, I really hope they can get the due date changed because that's so mean. Our apartment complex is due on the first but we have a 5 day grace period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt the new manager will leave the rocks like that. I hope the due date gets changed too.

      Delete
  17. It makes no sense to waste money on painting rocks. No.sense.at.all! I hope your rent doesn't go up, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going up by by less than 20 dollars.

      Delete
  18. Why paint the rocks? It does seem an unusual thing to do.
    I do hope the grace period will be extended.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those rocks now look ghetto AF!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's just strange how he only painted half of the rocks, why would he do that. It just looks weird now.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.