Sunday, August 11, 2019

Apartment Life #93

This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.


On Friday around 5pm, Ken heard a police siren outside so he looked out the bedroom window and called me in there. He saw a cop running around this corner. By the time I got in there two more police cars showed up and they were bringing out a handcuffed man to a police car around the corner.


I don't know who the guy is, never saw him before. But all I can think is, "Pull up your pants." Looks like he's about to lose the pants any second. 


4 police cars showed up for this one but I have no idea who he was or why he ran. They caught him though. Ken was talking to the people across the street and none of them seem to know him so I have no idea. There's a lot of drug sales going on across the street so it could of had something to do with that but it's just speculation on my part at this time. 

Oh and for those of you who haven't seen the huge wall in the background, that's the sound wall that separates the public street and sidewalk from the freeway right on the other side. It's a very tall wall. That sidewalk over there is where I walk Falcor.

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

44 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hardly ever. It was quiet up to that point too.

      Delete
  2. I'd have been glued to the window watching that unfold! I wonder why they were after him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we both were. Ken calls me in there. "Mary, the police are chasing someone. Get your camera!" lol

      Delete
  3. You just never know what the next crisis will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There always seems to be something.

      Delete
  4. For all the times they are there, the cops should just make a police station across the road haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. No such thing as a quiet day where you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quiet for most of the week until this happened. There's always something it seems.

      Delete
  6. Lots going on! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  7. He could have been running from another area.
    The wall is ugly but better than hearing freeway traffic without a buffer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we were thinking too. Yeah, it's still really loud with the cars going by though. We can still hear it. I'm not sure how much of the noise is gone because of the wall.

      Delete
  8. He sure didn’t make it very far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No he didn't but I don't know where he came from either.

      Delete
  9. Wow, that is crazy. When we moved from Tennessee to Florida a few months ago we moved into an apartment and it is never a dull moment here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apartments seem to be the place to see all kinds of craziness.

      Delete
  10. I'm afraid presence of police cars is not always an indication of 'fruitful' law and order activity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can so relate, Mary. A couple of weeks ago a guy got shot 60 feet from where I was walking, minding my own business. If you could move, where would you go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dang, Blue I'm sorry to hear that. That had to have been a bit traumatic for you. If you ever need to talk, I'm always here.

      I'm not sure where I would move. I've lived in all parts of town and unless I could pay for a place in a nice gated community I'm not sure any place would be better.

      Delete
  12. Oh, man. That is scary stuff. My last rental had the cops there a lot for a few of my neighbors. Also, my apartment smelled like pot all the time. Now I don't care if someone smokes pot. That's none of my business. But when I specifically rent a non-smoking apartment but it smells like pot all the time, the landlord and I are going to have issues. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that. Apartments seem to be the place to see a lot of nuttiness.

      Delete
  13. I'm with you I only want to see the underwear of the people I want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pants are so freaking low, come on man

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have to admit, it's a talent to be able to walk in pants that are hanging that low! I know I would not be capable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know how they're staying up.

      Delete
  16. Sound like a camera crew could make movie there.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny about the pants. Don't you feel like twisting their ears and saying use a good belt?

    ReplyDelete
  18. He knew he was going to the big house. He's just letting all the guys know he's single.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wonder why he even bothered to put those pants on at all?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Makes you wonder just what happened... Also I can't stand when guys don't pull up their freaking pants! It's so gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was running for some reason. No idea why. I hate that look too. Maybe it'll be a quiet week.

      Delete
  21. Too bad his pants didn’t fall off. That would have made for an even better story.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think the police need to just set up headquarters in your neighborhood. Might save time and gas since it seems like they are always out there dealing with the rowdy crowd anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be in my neighborhood at least once a week. They should just rent an apartment. lol

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.