Sunday, April 10, 2022

Apartment Life #299

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 24 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post.


Tuesday afternoon the police stopped a couple of the druggies that were standing around by my building. They stood out there, frisked them and looked like they ran their ID's. But no one was arrested. They must not have had any drugs on them at the time. The flashing lights kind of obscured the picture.

-----



I took 3 short videos of the police on my street Tuesday morning. In one of the videos you can hear the police telling someone that they know they are hiding behind the retaining wall. In another video you can see them stage by their cars, and walk towards the fence for the retaining wall. They walk over to the fence, cut the lock and search the area but no one was there so they left. 

This is the fence they broke the lock on to look behind the wall. But no one was there. The homeless people and some of the druggies go back there to sleep or do their drugs. They usually have to climb the fence but not anymore, it's wide open now. 

When I first looked outside I just saw the two police officers standing by their car. Then as you can see in one of the videos there were several police cars on both ends of the street. One of the cops standing here had his AR-15 rifle. When I saw that and all of the police cars, I figured something big was happening.

There were so many police cars on my street. 


Within a few minutes more police cars showed up and more cops starting standing with the first two cops I saw. 

With all those police standing around, I really thought something big was going to go down.

Once all the police arrived and one even brought out a shield to walk behind, they started advancing on the retaining wall. I took the videos from this part forward. But they didn't find anyone and they left. Now I have to wonder who they were looking for and why? I wonder if the person they were looking for is somewhere in the area or in drug dealer's apartment hiding until they left. And with all the fire power they had and all the police, I have to wonder if this person is armed. I guess I just have to wait and see if anything else happens. 

The high this week was 95F/35C
The low this week was 55F/12C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

52 comments:

  1. Oh my. They obviously expected action. I am glad (for you sake) that their expectations were disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, now I have to wonder if the person they were looking for is in my area.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Mary!

    That's bizarre, dear friend! A massive police presence on the block, weapons drawn, shields in place, advancing like soldiers toward the wall, and yet nothing came of it. It's as if they were using your neighborhood for a training exercise. If a bad hombre, armed and dangerous, were hiding inside the drug dealer's apartment, seems to me the cops would have had probable cause to enter and search the unit.

    I see that the mercury reached the mid 90s this week, a reminder of the sizzling hot temperatures you'll be experiencing for months on end.

    Have a safe and happy week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was weird. They thought they knew where someone was but the other end of where that entrance is to the fence is open. So the person could have ran away.

      Definitely going to be hot soon.

      Delete
  3. You have to wonder how dangerous was the person they were seeking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, basically, the only thing the police accomplished this week was to break a lock and make it easier to access that area... 🙄

    You're already at 35C?!? Holy moly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the weather has been fluctuating.

      Yep, it's still open. I doubt anyone will be by to lock it up.

      Delete
  5. I would wonder how dangerous the person they were look for is for sure! That's a lot of police with a lot of weapons. They should fix the lock- especially since there was no one there.

    Hope this is a quieter week.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I doubt anyone will replace the lock.

      Delete
  6. More craziness. How dumb that they broke the lock and just left it wide open. SMH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they called the city and told them to replace the lock but I doubt it.

      Delete
  7. "It's wide open now", LOL. I don't suppose they'll be reimbursing the owner of that fence. You need one of those police scanner radios so you can know, and tell us, who's being looked for and why :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the city's property. Maybe the city will come by and replace the lock but I doubt it.

      Delete
  8. They just left it wide open... utterly stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometimes more problems arise than are solved
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  10. They should secure that fence again considering they broke the lock off. Wow, it was 95F at your place, that is very hot. Stay cool and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should have put another lock but I doubt it will be replaced. Yeah it's starting to heat up.

      Delete
  11. Sound like there some interesting people in our neighborhood.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, just another typical week in your neighborhood? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, that was quite the police parade for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that could have been big. Glad a firefight didn't break out right by your place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. There were people across the street hanging out their windows filming too.

      Delete
  15. Never a dull moment in da Hood. Police Parades are always interesting, seems like it was much ado about nothing if their lead was cold, but it does make you wonder what they hoped to apprehend, would likely be a very Bad Actor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH WOW! I hate when I see something involving a large number of police or sirens going by and I never find out what it was all about!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seeing that many police organizing like that would be scary. I hope that the person they were looking for is nowhere near your apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like something is always happening in your hood!

    Keep calm and stay safe, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that's crazy! I wonder if there's another exit that the person found on the other side? Or a really good hiding place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's an open exit at the far end where they broke open thus side.

      Delete
  20. It seems counter productive to break the lock.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a lot of police activity to achieve precisely nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I swear, there is never a dull moment in your neighborhood. It's a wonder cops just aren't parked out there 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cops I talked to last week said they were trying to clean this place up that it's a real hot spot, meaning it's not good.

      Delete
  23. It does make you wonder who they were after with that big of a force showing up. I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have been wondering that.

      Delete
  24. I wonder what they were looking for

    ReplyDelete
  25. 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.