Thursday, May 25, 2023

Low Carb Recipe: Spring Rolls

 
So after getting the Spring Roll Wrappers last week, you just know I had to try making a few different things with them. I've never had Spring Rolls nor have I ever made them, so this was interesting. The first lunch I made was a crab and cilantro spring roll. My rolling technique left something to be desired but they were good. I served mine with a side of guacamole for dipping. 

Ingredients: 

1/2 cup of crab
1TBSP mayonnaise
1 tsp. Sriracha Mayo
2 TBSP diced Cilantro
Squeeze of lemon

All I did was submerge the spring roll wrapper into a bowl of cold water for a couple of seconds and then added a little of the crab mixture to the wrapper and rolled it up. It was simple but good.
---

The second day I made another Spring Roll for lunch, it had chicken breast, cilantro, sliced radishes, mushrooms, avocado and tomato. I dipped this in a Sriracha Mayo that my daughter bought. It's spicy but good. 

I don't know if there's certain things that usually go into a spring roll but I just put into what I liked and it was good.

Net Carbs for two Spring Rolls =26
2 Spring Roll Wrappers- 14 Grams of carbs
1 Medium Tomato- 5 Grams Carbs. 
1/2 Avocado - 7 Grams carbs

Do you like Spring Rolls?

34 comments:

  1. I am glad that you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make spring rolls all the time but I've never seen them done like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's probably because I have no idea what I'm doing. LOL But they were good.

      Delete
  3. I'd put mayo in anything if I could, but I probably should not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I would definitely eat this again.

      Delete
  5. I love crab, so your first spring roll appeals to me the most. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like spring rolls. I usually get the veggie kind but I say if you can roll it in there try it lol

    Your rolling technique looked like it was getting better too!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had no idea what I was doing but it turned out good.

      Delete
  7. Love your smiley spring roll. I have never eaten them.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had spring rolls, but now I'm eager to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had spring rolls at Asian restaurants but never tried making them...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do enjoy spring rolls too, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It been a while since I made spring rolls.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Idk if I've had spring rolls. As long as you're enjoying them though, I suppose it doesn't matter if there are foods more commonly used. The chicken one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used what I had on hand. I would make these again.

      Delete
  13. I never tried to do them

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had trouble finding them at the grocery stores I go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter found them at Smith's.

      Delete
  15. Look at you getting fancy! I have never had seafood spring rolls myself, but glad to hear you enjoyed them

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love spring rolls, but I've never made anything at home with the wrappers. Maybe I will try. 🙂

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.