Thursday, June 08, 2023

Low Carb Recipe: Mediterranean Style Salmon

 

What you will need: 

2 Salmon Fillets
1 bunch of Cilantro- diced small
1 Lemon
Small Jar of Green Olives- cut in half
1/2 Cup of Cacique Queso Fresco cheese- crumbled
15 Cherry Tomatoes- halved
1 Cucumber- Diced
2 Garlic Cloves- diced very small
2 TBSP Butter
1 tsp. Fish Seasoning
1 tsp. Paprika 
Salt and Pepper to taste


What To Do:

Season your salmon with lemon juice, paprika, salt, pepper and fish seasoning. Add diced garlic, half of the diced cilantro and butter to top of salmon and add to a 350 F preheated oven uncovered. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done all the way through. 


To Make The Salad Topping: 

Mix together diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, green olives and half of the cilantro and cheese to a large bowl and toss together. Let sit in the refrigerator while the salmon cooks. 

You can use feta cheese instead of the queso fresco if you like feta but I don't so I used a different crumbly cheese. 

Remove salmon from oven and let sit for 5 minutes to cool down slightly and finish cooking. Top with the salad mixture and a squeeze of lemon and enjoy. 

This made 2 servings. My daughter and I enjoyed this a lot. We served this on top of a couple of lettuce leaves but you can omit that if you like. 

Would you eat this?

36 comments:

  1. Glad you both liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It was so good. I hope you try it.

      Delete
  3. Yes, those are some of my favorite ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to try this recipe tonight, but without the cheese. I hate cheese. Can't even stand the smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. It will be fine without the cheese.

      Delete
  5. It looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious, I don't like salmon, but I would trade it for chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Happy to hear it sounds good to you.😊

      Delete
  8. What a delicious looking meal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. It looks yummy and refreshing on a hot summer day.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I would try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks pretty edible, Mary. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We enjoyed a salad today ...
    Yes, I would enjoy this dish.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been eating so much salad. lol Have to make it taste better.

      Delete
  13. This sounds so good. We've been cooking a lot of Mediterranean meals so this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful looking salad, Mary. I am fan of salmon too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I can eat salmon all the time.

      Delete
  15. That looks great, I love yummy salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't like fish, but your photo makes this look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Mediterranean recipes and this looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have wanted to make salmon more often. I have never come across fish seasoning. I'll have to look for some. 🐟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of fish seasoning out there.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.