Friday, October 25, 2024

Halloween Recipe: Stuffed Roaches

 
Photos and recipe credit- Inspiration Apron

You will need
 
13 large whole dates, pitted
1/4 cup ricotta cheese (can also use cream cheese)
1 TBSP orange marmalade
Honey, for drizzle

Cut a slice from one end to the other in 12 of the dates, but don’t cut through to the other side. (You are making a date taco shell)

Next, cut the last date into several tiny slices, then halve the slices to use for cockroach antennas.

In a small bowl, mix together ricotta cheese and orange marmalade.

Fill each date with the cheese mixture and affix the antennae to each one and then drizzle with honey.

This would be a great treat for Halloween. 

Would you eat this?

31 comments:

  1. Effective. I think I will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look like roaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they'd be great on charcuterie board.

      Delete
  3. I bet they taste better than the real thing, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gawd, they look so gross! But I bet they're delicious! I'd close my eyes and eat one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'd eat it because I love dates, and I'm greatly relieved that no roaches were harmed in making this treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fun! I'm not hosting a party this year, but I might bookmark this for next year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have dates, but not cream cheese. Maybe a trip to the grocery store is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Ha! is right ~ sounds healthy, looks terrible ~ guess you like the 'dark side' ~ eh?

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do, hence the blog title. LOL

      Delete
  9. Those look awesomely disgusting...a perfect Halloween treat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope. But I'm not fond of dates or ricotta cheese, so this recipe wouldn't be for me, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so spooky cool and very appropriate for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ewww for bugs, but that combo sounds tastey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I've made them before and they were good.

      Delete
  13. They sound good but look gross. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.