Friday, June 28, 2024

Book Review: The Alpha's Saviour by Reece Barden

 

Book Description

She saved his life. He's never going to let her go...

Hayley's on the run from a stalker who's determined to make her pay. When she saves the life of the local alpha, exposing her new location in the process, Cooper decides he has to make her his.
His to possess, his to love, his to protect.

He's waited a long time to find his mate. He's not going to let her go.
She risked her cover and her life to save him. He's willing to do anything to keep her safe.
Will Hayley be able to accept this whole new world of wolf shifters, packs and fated mates that she never knew existed, or will her past catch up to her and ruin it all?

This is book 1 in the hot and steamy paranormal werewolf romance series, the Shifters of Grey Ridge.
Read this if you love wolf shifters, insta love, fated mates, he falls first, protective dominant heroes and a female lead who can take care of herself.

Characters are in their twenties and thirties. Happily ever after, no bullying and no cheating.


My Review

Hayley is on the run from her ex who is violent. She told the Sheriff about her past just in case he finds her. But no one else knows and she's trying to make a new life for herself. Things change drastically for her when she witnesses a young boy about to get hit by a vehicle but at the last minute Cooper runs out to save the boy, getting struck by the vehicle and landing face down in the water. Hayley sees where he falls and pulls him out of the water and performs CPR on him, saving his life. He was badly hurt and his injuries would have killed him if he was human but lucky for him he's a wolf shifter with increased healing. He wants to go to Hayley right away because he knows she's his mate but he wouldn't be able to explain away how he is healed already. So he waits a few weeks while his family gets to know her better. 

As soon as he makes an appearance in person, Hayley finds herself completely attracted to Cooper. He wants to repay her for saving his life so he comes up with a ruse to help her the with remodeling on the house she bought. This way he can spend time with her and let her get to know him as a human would. 

But because they both have some serious secrets, it causes a lot of drama between them as well as a lot of misunderstandings. But neither one of them is willing to give up completely in making this relationship work. Things really get exciting when the danger comes right to her door and some secrets are revealed. I really liked Hayley, she is a lot stronger than Cooper was giving her credit for. But Cooper was such a delightful hero. I just loved him. 

This book was everything I could have asked for in a shifter romance. It had everything I love and then some.

  I totally have a bad habit of reading books out of order and I did that with this series. I read The Alpha's Inferno by Reece Barden a while back which is the first book in this series and you can find my review of that book here.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.


13 comments:

  1. I love a fun wolf shifter book...especially when there's also a strong female character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, two goodies in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a memorable meeting! I do enjoy shifter stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like it has potential, but I'm not the biggest fan of plots full of misunderstandings. Not usually my preferred type of drama, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do love a delightful hero! Though serious secrets do tend to lead to issues if not discussed early on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those secrets do cause some drama.

      Delete
  6. Oh well hello!
    I love shifter and wolf books, I've always loved them more than vampire ones.
    This looks like a great read!

    Ash @ Essentially Ash
    Want to follow me on Bookstagram, booktok, add my snapchat or check out my photography?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read a wolf or shifter book in a while. This sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.