Thursday, June 16, 2005

Gerbils and Hamsters and Rats..Oh my!

So lets start off by saying I went to clean out all the cages today and found the gerbils had blood in their cage. So I went to pick them up and inspect them...Poor little Spirit's tail was ..how shall I put this...GONE!
His damned brother Honey, had gotton into a fight with him, bit his tail about 2 inches from the base and the only thing left was the bones. ewwww.
So I called my Vet, and she told me to come right in. Well let me tell you, after the tail was inspected, Spirit was put to sleep so they could work on his tail and cut the bone off and sew it up on the end, ...the bill was whopping...$150.00!!! Oh Damn. You better believe my hubby wasn't happy about that. lol
Veterinarian
So I get him home and put him in the cage with his brother, he goes over to him and lays down, honey then proceeds to clean his face for him. awww too cute. They slept on the second shelf of the cage right next to one another and the vet told me sometimes they will fight. Angelic Mouse But not to seperate them. Well duh!

So then I cleaned out the ratty Rat cage and gave them some fresh fruit.
Gave the ratties fresh watermelon. Rat heaven. My goodness. Sticky little pink rat feet everywhere.
awww

My hamsters Hamster sleep all day. Mouse The little lazy butts. So waited until they got up and were ready to come out before I cleaned their cages. Then gave them some slices of orange since they don't like watermelon, and the gerbils got a half of an ear of raw corn.
Mouse On Wheel

I tell ya these little guys can sure make hell with ya. My dwarf hamster is mean. She comes out and just bites the hell outta me. lol I have little hamster bites all over my arm now. Little brat.


1 comment:

  1. lol I'm a homemaker not a doctor!...lol
    I can't see myself trying to hold that little guy still long enough for me to cut the protruding bone off his tail. lol there was about 2 1/2 inches of bone there that they took off. I believe he is the only gerbil with half a tail, and 6 fingers on one paw. LOL I wonder if his mother was a frequent visitor to the Nevada Test Site. lol All that Radiation and nucleur testing ya know.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.