Monday, September 03, 2012

23 Years and Counting...


Today is My and Ken's Anniversary...sort of. lol While we aren't legally married we've been living together now for 22 years and have known each other for 23 years. 

We are opposites in just about everything but that makes for a very interesting relationship. I like sweets, Horror movies, romance books, staying at home, Mexican food and Heavy Metal. 

Ken likes savory foods, Action movies, action books, going hiking/fishing, Italian Food and soft classic rock. 

Total opposites...

We made it work because we can talk to each other, he talks more than I do sometimes. We have shown each other new things, got each other to try new things and have always been there for each other. 

I showed Ken that Rats are great pets and now he loves them. I showed Ken that it's ok to have tacos for thanksgiving dinner-everybody loved them. And he showed me that sautéed peppers and onions aren't bad after all, that cream cheese is great on bagels and it's ok to be yourself. 

I wouldn't change the last 23 years for anything...now if I can only get him to start reading romance novels....

5 comments:

  1. That's a great relationship...give and take! I must admit that I wouldn't immediately think of tacos and Thanksgiving but I suspect that it was the family together that was important, not the food being served. Happy anniversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True love! Getting each other to try new things keeps the zing in a relationship! My husband read all three Fifty Shades, but I cannot get him to read most of the other things I read. He reads physics and engineering stuff, how to invest, and Swedish crime novels. I don't.
    Variety is the spice of life!
    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. We had Tacos one year for Thanksgiving and everyone teases me about it. But I thought it was a great idea, everyone loved the tacos I made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Mary!! I totally agree about the talking thing and having different interests can work well too :)

    I'm only just doing my blog hopping now. Our anniversary is actually 4 Sept. almost the same .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated anniversary!! You're more "married" than many couples I know after these many years.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.