Thursday, April 17, 2014

A to Z Blogging Challenge: O is For Onions and Peppers


It's funny to me now but when Ken and I first met, I did not like sauteed peppers and onions. I don't know what it was about onions that I hated but I really did hate them. Now I make this with just about anything and Ken loves to eat the left overs with eggs in the morning. So Just start with a green bell pepper and a sweet yellow onion.

Add some butter *not margarine* to your sauté pan. 

Slice the peppers and onions into chunks and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently so it doesn't burn. 

In about 20 minutes they will be browned really nicely and the onions take on a really sweet flavor which is something I was not expecting at all. I love them now.

8 comments:

  1. I put onions in everything, so I'd definitely like this. I like the red onions too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yums! I put onion and green pepper in as many things as possible. Hash browns,on potatoes, in all kinds of egg configurations. Sandwiches. Mmm. I haven't done them just on their own though. Will have to do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hated onions as a kid (we never had peppers in our family). i love cooking with onions, now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still very anti-onion, though not as much as I hate garlic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still very anti-onion, though not as much as I hate garlic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a fan of onion here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelley- I've tried the red onions and am just not a fan but hubby is.

    Anna- I wasn't before hubby made me try them this way and now I really like them.

    TexWisGirl- Yep, I was the same way.

    Adam- I hate garlic too. Man that stuff stinks.

    Pat- but, but they are good. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never ever add margarine to your sauté pan. It's sacrilegious to the umpteenth power.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.