Sunday, April 19, 2020

Apartment Life #199


This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.


Tuesday morning at nearly 1am, the lights and sirens from the police cars woke me up. I got up and looked out my bedroom window and saw there was at least 4 police cars on my street and several more were quickly driving down the street as well. 


My daughter went outside and got a couple of pictures of police on the street and one officer told her to go back inside because there was an active shooter somewhere in the neighborhood. So she came back inside after getting a couple more pictures. 

The police were on the side street, the alley, my street, the Cal Ranch parking lot and then the police helicopter started flying over. 
The police were on my street for almost 2 hours before they left. 

From the neighbors I heard the next day, it seems someone was shooting behind the Cal Ranch store in the parking lot and then ran off and they never caught whoever it was. I didn't see any news reports or anything about it so I'm not sure but the police said there was an active shooter in the area so that's enough to make me nervous. 

Life Update: 

Ken is doing good in physical therapy and might get to come home in a week or so. After that he'll be seeing an Oncologist to find out what all is going on and get treatment options. I really appreciate all the love, support and good thoughts everyone has been sending. It has really helped seeing so many positive comments and well wishes.

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

58 comments:

  1. I am really, really glad to read the update and will keep you and Ken in my heart.
    And yes, an active shooter is definitely grounds to be nervous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a little unsettling.

      Delete
  2. Glad about the news on Ken.
    I hope the police finds the shooter and puts him behind bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shooting is never good. there have been plenty of LYFT clients who have complained of their apartment complexes getting a bit roudy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're really praying for some positive news for Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet again I'm glad gun ownership in the UK is so low compared to the States. Shooting incidents are few and far between.

    Good to know Ken's physical therapy is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure we'd ever be able to get rid of the guns here. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad to hear news that Ken may come home soon. I wonder if the active shooter was just some kid messing around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be, there are plenty of people around here with guns. Thank you, I hope he gets to come home soon too.

      Delete
  7. I am so glad that Ken is doing well in therapy and may be coming home soon. An active shooter is scary. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. An active shooter is scary.

      Delete
  8. Yeah I dont listen well, tell me to go inside and I go around the building and get more pictures haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well good to see the virus has not stopped all the idiots from shooting things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, they're all still out and acting dumb.

      Delete
  10. Dang, all that police activity sure makes a good nights sleep impossible. All our best to Ken, we've been thinking about you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate that. It does make sleeping around here hard.

      Delete
  11. I'm just glad you guys were safe from the shooter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's scary that there was an active shooter out there. Glad to hear you're safe. That's good news Ken might be coming home soon. I hope you're both doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're both hanging in there as best as we can.

      Delete
  13. Be safe.. I am happy to hear that Ken will be home soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's scary that the shooter wasn't caught. I hope that Ken will receive some good news going forward. My thughts are with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is scary, but glad to hear Ken is doing better. I hope he is able to come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thats so scary about an active shooter, glad you and your family are safe. I know when I lived in Dallas we got those and it freaked me out. So I understand the fear. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always scary to have shooter in the are.

      Delete
  17. Glad ken is doing good in therapy, and I bet some of your neighbors know the police on first name bases

    ReplyDelete
  18. Life is never boring in your zone! How scary. We once had a helicopter lighting up our backyards years ago. Then the police asked if they could go in there. Yup.

    But gunshots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the helicopter up all the time.

      Delete
  19. An active shooter- yikes. Scary.

    Glad Ken is doing well. Sending lots of best wishes and good vibes your way, Be well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. well...your life is definitely not boring. i am glad to hear ken is doing better
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never boring here. Thank you.

      Delete
  21. I wish they had caught the active shooter. It's sad when stories like that don't make the news--makes me think they are too common to be worth reporting on anymore. And that is sad. I am glad Ken is doing well in physical therapy. I bet he will be glad to be home again. Praying for him. Stay well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. An active shooter would make me nervous, too. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd be nervous with an active shooter about, too! I'm happy to hear there was no harm to you and your daughter! Good news about Ken. I hope you get more of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really hope that Ken does get out soon and you can have him back home with you.

    That sounds like a really scary night. The thought of an active shooter lurking around in the dark is enough to shred anyone's nerves. I'm glad everything was ok in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Always a mess, isn't it? :/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad to hear physical therapy is going well for Ken!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm glad Ken will hopefully be home soon! That must be such a relief.

    The active shooter situation, not so much! How crazy is that...

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.