Sunday, February 06, 2022

Apartment Life #290

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 24 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post.


The guy who lives at the end of my building had his living room window cracked again. He put duct tape over it. He's the one with the homeless brother who sometimes sleeps in the corner outside his apartment door. His window has been broken so many times from the homeless brother who will come by and ask for money and then bust the window when he doesn't get any. The guy that lives there used to have another brother who lived with him but he passed away a couple of months back. The window was fixed by maintenance after a few days.


A few days later that same guy's bedroom window was busted out. I've seen the homeless brother sleeping in the corner by his door a few times.


I enlarged it so you can see it better. He covers his bedroom window with aluminum foil to keep the sun out and he has a vent on the right hand side for a portable air conditioner. But where you see the cardboard and duct tape is where the glass is missing and cracked. It costs him $80 every time he has to have maintenance replace the windows and it's happened so many times. 

----

Yesterday afternoon I saw someone standing outside my window which the curtains were open, so I look out and this jerk is picking up my chair that is sitting outside my door. I rushed over to the door and say, "Uh, what the hell are you doing?" 
He says, "I need this chair for a little while." 
I told him, "No, you can put my chair down and leave it the hell alone." 
He put it down and I watched him walk away. 
My grandson asked me, "Did someone just try to steal our chair?: lol Yeah kid, they did. 
I am so tired of these crackheads stealing my shit. We've had a couple of packages stolen recently. You can't leave anything outside, one of my daughter's plants was even stolen.


The high this week was 64F/17C
The low this week was 33F/0 C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

46 comments:

  1. Lucky that you were there at the right time to prevent your chair going missing. I doubt very much that he would have brought it back 'after a little while'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it would have been lost for sure.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Mary!

    It's sad when your own brother is so desperate for $$$ that he breaks your window like a crazed zombie if you refuse to give it to him. It would probably be cheaper for the renter to hand his brother the cash rather than pay $80 a pop for windows to be replaced.

    I'm sorry the transients steal (or try to steal) anything that isn't nailed down, including packages, your chair and your daughter's plant. I'll bet they smoked that plant.

    I wish you a safe and happy week ahead, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the drug dealer would move out then maybe there wouldn't be so many thieves in my courtyard all the time.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that’s pretty low to steal a plant!! Like, what’s a crackhead going to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need a booby-trapped package. One that explodes colored dust when the thief opens it. Saw a YouTube video on a guy that makes them and installs a camera with the box so he can watch it explode on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That idea above the color package exploding sounds fantastic. there's a guy whose so paranoid about the housing authority coming into his apartment that he booby-traps it by setting up items on the inside so they can tumble(doesn't really keep anyone out but its the thought that counts)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to set up a package like that.

      Delete
  6. I like Alex's idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex's idea sounds good, but might just bring more trouble. I would get a restraining order against the brother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "He says, "I need this chair for a little while."
    I told him, "No, you can put my chair down and leave it the hell alone.""
    So badass 😂. Seriously though, it must be exhausting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was behind a locked security screen so not so badass. lol

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you caught the crackhead! God, even the plant! Drug addicts will steal anything they think they can get a price out of. Least, that's what my older brother and sister have always done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder how long "A little while" would have been, LOL. Until he exchanged it to the dope dealer for product perhaps? Do you have the option of having packages delivered to a Locker in your area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been gone for good. If the packages were all Amazon then I might be able to do that. But I don't have a car to get around either.

      Delete
  11. They stole a plant?! That's so crazy. I'm sorry you have to put up with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling it was one of my neighbors.

      Delete
  12. Have a good one and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breaking the window so many times, have the guy arrested but they probably wouldn't come. Crazy that people can take things and expect to get away with it. Be careful, you never know what these people will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I yelled at him from behind my locked security door. I don't think he expected to get caught.

      Delete
  14. Yikes about the window. I'd be pissed if my brother kept doing that, but I guess theyhave their situation.

    I like the comment above about boobytrapping :) Geez, even the plants aren't safe

    ReplyDelete
  15. It must be hard for your neighbor with the homeless brother. I can't even imagine. I think I told you about my aunt's son who is a meth addict and living on the streets. She wants to help him, but he's burned all the bridges. And then he takes his anger out on her when she won't help him. It's one of the reasons she moved out of his reach. She was lucky she was in a position to do that. I am glad you were able to catch the thief before he stole your chair. I hope you have a good week, Mary. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's pretty creepy that they just come and take your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sound like no one sleeps in our neighborhood.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. He needs a force field around his window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he really does. Or a restraining order on the brother.

      Delete
  19. If it's $80 every time the window is replaced, that's quite a drain on his finances. But I can't think of any way to avoid the breakages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He should get another restraining order against the brother.

      Delete
  20. What a shame! I hate that the man keeps having his windows broken by his brother. Glad you saved your chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's a sad story. I'm glad I was able to also.

      Delete
  21. Stealing plants and chairs. What is this world coming to?

    ReplyDelete
  22. 😔😔😔

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.