Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Book Review: Eros by K. Cantrell

 

Book Description

Looking for Love on all the Wrong Planets Penelope Boswell needs a fake boyfriend to save her from her meddling family. But when the Intergalactic Dating Agency matches her with a sexy alien willing to play pretend in exchange for her help assimilating to Earth culture, she gets way more than she bargained for: Eros is seductive, pushy and has no intention of faking anything, least of all their relationship…


My Review

Penelope meets a matchmaker but doesn't realize until she decides to use her services to get her family off her back, that the matchmaker is making matches with aliens from other planets that need green cards. In order for Penelope to make this match work she will have to marry the alien she's been matched with so he can get a green card and she can help him blend in as a human until he learns better English and our customs. 

But right from the start Eros (John Smith) just wants to make out and have sex which got on my nerves. I think he thought that Penelope would fall in love with him if they were intimate. But because he doesn't understand our culture, our language or how things really work here, he's like a child...who wants to have sexy times with Penelope. 

It's hard to get to know a character when he can't communicate or understand well. I thought the premise was great but Eros was very one dimensional for most of the book which made it hard to really like him because I couldn't get to know him. 

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. 

18 comments:

  1. I love the cover. Hope you’re doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we order him through mail too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very interesting book! I think Matchmaker's work is really hard. Loves delivery planet to planet lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a fun premise! Too bad Eros turned out to be so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. This could have been better.

      Delete
  5. I love the alien take on the green card romance, but yes, I agree that a character needs to be developed to capture my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a bit dfficult with characters like that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear this didn't knock your socks off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the next one will be better.

      Delete
  8. He sounds annoying

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun premise, but I don't think I'd like a character who just wanted sex either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was irritating for the most part.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.