Friday, April 01, 2022

Freebie Friday!

 

Welcome to another weekly Freebie Friday post, where I tell you what free samples and full sized products I received in the mail and how you can get them too. Someone asked me why I do a "Freebie Friday" each week, so I'll tell you.

A while back I listed all the free samples and wins that I had received that previous year and so many people didn't believe that I could have gotten so many free things. So I decided to prove it by taking a picture every week and sharing the sites that I found the links to the freebies at. So now you too can get great free samples coming to your mailbox each week.

  You can find links to great samples at Hey It's Free and Freebie Shark.

This week I received:

A sample of Laroche Posay moisturizer. 

Pet Honesty Advanced Hip + Joint chews for dogs.

Falcor was pleased that he got something else in the mail this week. 

I've tried other Laroche Posay products and liked this. This is a good moisturizer. 

----

I wanted to show that it's not always bad news in my neighborhood. Here's something good.

My neighbor told me the guy that runs the free food charity was across the street, so I was able to get some bananas, zucchini, soda, bread, strawberries, grapes and a box of donuts all for free. It's day old/expired stuff the grocery store was going to throw away. But still good enough to eat if you eat it soon. It's just not perfect enough for the grocery store to have on it's shelves so this guy goes and takes it to distribute it in his neighborhood when he can. 


Did you receive any freebies this week?

36 comments:

  1. That box of produce looks good - and much better than being thrown out. Hooray for freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice of him. My wife will grab bananas that are ready to get tossed and put them in the freezer for banana bread later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see someone is helping to recycle "old" food in your neighborhood. I could use dog joint medicine--that stuff is expensive and my dog has been on them since her knee surgery four years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like all the dog supplements are expensive.

      Delete
  4. The box of food is amazing. Someone at our church goes to a grocery store and is able to get all their bread they are throwing away and take it to a soup kitchen type place. Don’t know why it’s only bread though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a shower curtain to review for Amazon Vine

    ReplyDelete
  6. The box looks great! It's nice you can have that

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome that your neighbor does that. I hate the idea of the food going to waste.

    Ash @ Essentially Ash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good freebies and hooray for the food stuffs, that's nice. Hey, we won a fancy cat carrier today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Hey, that is awesome. Congrats!

      Delete
  9. It's interesting to get a sample of joint cream for a dog. How can you tell if they like it or it helps? It's amazing how much perfectly good food gets tossed at markets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they have hip or joint pain and eat this and they are moving around better I would say they work.

      Delete
  10. How wonderful that the man in your neighborhood helps others like that. And it's good for the world not to waste the food by simply throwing it out, I think.

    I'm glad to hear a happy story about your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad. I like to share some good things when they pop up around here.

      Delete
  11. Happy Friday! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the box of food is very good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an interesting group of freebies you were able to have here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fruit still looks pretty great! Why on earth was the store just going to throw those away? So wasteful! I'm glad you got some so you and your family can enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's not perfect they throw it away.

      Delete
  15. I always like to see food being used intead of thrown away. Nice freebies this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's nice there is a mobile food distribution. 🍓

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.