Sunday, May 29, 2022

Apartment Life #306

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 24 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post.

I heard a police siren outside and looked out my bedroom window and sure enough the police had a couple of tweakers pulled over on the sidewalk. I watched a while and both of them were put in handcuffs and put in the police car. They were both taken away so I assume that they were arrested. They are fairly new tweakers around here and I've only seen them down at drug dealer's apartment a couple of times. Hopefully they don't come back. 

I heard some loud noises at 7am one morning and looked outside to see a couple of trucks on my street. They were putting the reflective round plastic things in the middle of the road that you can see at night. 

I did get one good close up picture of the truck when it came back by and parked in front of my window.

It was a fairly quiet week this week.

---

The high this week was 103F/39C
The low this week was 67F/19C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

42 comments:

  1. A little quiet now and then is probably good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite indeed! Though doing road maintenance at 7 AM doesn't sound like a great ìdea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a quiet week. Hopefully there will be more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mary!

    I'll bet you, your daughter, Falcor and the other law abiding members of your neighborhood appreciated this relatively quiet week.

    Perhaps those reflective discs embedded in the road pavement will give late night drunk drivers a path to follow so that they can keep their vehicles on the road and avoid plowing through fences.

    Your triple digit weekly high temperature is creeping upward, and there's a long hot summer yet to come.

    I wish you a restful, peaceful Memorial Day and a safe and happy week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out was definitely move to have a quiet week

      Delete
  5. A quiet week is a blessing. At least the cops took people away the one time they showed up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I haven't seen them back here since.

      Delete
  6. Yes, we've got those reflective disks and in addition we have all these tapered off lanes for bikes. The roads get pretty narrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to hear the cops did something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A quiet week is a good thing. Enjoy while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness for fairly quiet weeks. I imagine the crazies will be out in full force this weekend though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way too hot there 🥵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is and it's going to get hotter.

      Delete
  11. Glad it was kind of quiet. Good riddance to the tweakers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quiet week is nice got a change.

      Delete
  12. Yay for a quiet week! Let's hope this week isn't full of craziness either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Other than the tweakers, glad that you were able to enjoy a quiet week. 103 degrees is a misery for me. I think I would melt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay inside as much as possible during the Summer.

      Delete
  14. Hooray for your quiet week! I'll bet you wondered what was going on with all the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh glad it was quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A quiet week... is the world ending?! All joking aside, glad you got some peace this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We all can enjoy some peace and quite.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. A quiet week is a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do you really need reflectors in the middle of the road? Are there a lot of road accidents, or what? It seems a bit unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a curve at the end of this road. So the reflectors are there so at night the headlights light up the curve the reflectors make in the road in case people can't see it's the end of the street. And yes, there are a lot of accidents so these are completely necessary.

      Delete
  20. Yea for a quiet week! I guess that means no one has been by to fix the fence by the public roadway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I seriously doubt it will get fixed. I wish someone would at least cut the fence and throw away the broken parts.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.