Sunday, July 17, 2022

Apartment Life #313

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 24 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post.

This palm tree is always in the way when I'm trying to take pictures on this side of the street. But hopefully you can make out the red fire truck and lights. On Monday the fire truck and ambulance showed up for drug dealer's wife. I found out from my neighbor that drug dealer's wife called my neighbor and asked for help because one of the meth heads tried to shoot her up with heroin (with her permission) in the leg but missed the vein and shot it in her leg which lead to an infection. But drug dealer's wife waited over a week to get help and by that time she couldn't walk. The meth and crack heads in her apartment wouldn't get her help because they didn't want to be kicked out of the apartment so they left her in her bed to suffer. She finally called my neighbor for help because she knew she would help her.

So my neighbor called an ambulance and told all the methheads to get out of the apartment when she was taken to the ER. But drug dealer's wife left one of the crackheads that she trusted to watch the two dogs in her apartment and to make sure that none of the other drug addicts broke into her apartment and stole anything but he's not supposed to let anyone else in the apartment. 

On Tuesday I heard a bunch of yelling coming from drug dealer's apartment and when I saw my neighbor down there banging on the door, I went down there to see what was going on. She told me that there was a bunch of druggies in the apartment and they wouldn't open the door and leave. She was yelling for the one guy who is supposed to be there to open the door or she was going to call the police. I told her I would go call the police, so when they heard me I guess they opened the door and all but the one guy who is supposed to be there left. So I didn't have to call the police. The police would have made the one guy leave because he isn't on the lease and they would have taken the dogs to the pound and my neighbor didn't want to see that happen. 

But drug dealer's wife is in the hospital. Her leg got infected, she's septic, in and out of consciousness and the infection has moved to the bone in her leg. She is really bad shape. Her husband (drug dealer) is still in jail until August. I've seen people knocking on drug dealer's door but the one guy hasn't been letting anyone else in there. So it's just wait and see what happens at this point.
---

The high this week was 112F/44C
The low this week was 86F/30C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

46 comments:

  1. What a nightmare. Hopefully that infection responds to antibiotics, or they might need to amputate. I can't imagine even a drug dealer allowing a meth user to give her an injection.

    112F and it's only July? Gaack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not the smartest cookie in the box. Yeah it's hot. Next month ill be hotter.

      Delete
  2. What a complete nightmare. I shudder to think what would have happened if he had got a vein. I am wondering whether it was a bad batch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how any of that works so I'm not sure.

      Delete
  3. I feel sorry for her and wish her infected leg gets better soon. You and the other neighbour are good souls trying to help somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s like a really bad soap opera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, I'm reminded of how much I enjoy living in the mountains is lush wooded seclusion...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose that doing drugs isn't something that a person with their head working properly (as in, weighting the risks against the kick of it) would do, but...jeez. This is a whole new level of stupidity. And I agree with Bijoux above...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is so sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully she won't lose her leg over this.

      Delete
  8. Druggies at the apartment can't be great. Hope they got out of there. Besides the car break-ins we've been having that's the majority of what we've been up against.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having drug addicts around does make it weirdly interesting.

      Delete
  9. Sorry about the dealer's wife, but I'm a realist and see this as a Missed Opportunity. Had the police been called when the neighbor saw the place being taken over by druggies, dealer's unit would have been a done deal, and things might have had a chance of improving in the complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. We;ll see what else happens over there.

      Delete
  10. Oh, that's crazy. Please be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, incredible sad story. Risking your life for a high that lasts for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drug dealers should definitely get more time

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only thing I can say is those poor dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what happened to them.

      Delete
  14. Like Brian said above, those poor dogs! Being septic is very dangerous. It sounds really bad if the infection was bad enough to get into her bone. Things don't sound good for the drug dealer's wife. I'm sure her system is weak from punishing it with drugs too. I'll be surprised if she makes it. You've got some hot temps! Stay cool and safe, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be surprised if she makes it too.

      Delete
  15. I feel bad for the dogs, too! I'm glad someone is there watching out for them at the moment. What a crazy neighborhood you live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea where the dogs are at the moment/

      Delete
  16. Oh wow- I hope she turns out alright. That doesn't sounds good though. Yikes. And the poor dogs too. It would have been a shame if they had been put down, but man... not great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad for the dogs. I just found out today they have been moved to someone's house but I have no idea where.

      Delete
  17. Very sad
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crazy times as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking it can't get crazier and this place keeps proving me wrong.

      Delete
  19. And no doubt the meth head who shot her in the leg made himself scarce and will maintain it's nothing to do with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's probably the case.

      Delete
  20. Scary, scary neighbors. And look at those temperatures. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness... as crappy as it is to have them as neighbors, I'd never wish for this kind of health issue for her. I hope she recovers. Those poor dogs! Are these the same that were swimming in the pool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither would I. I really hope she recovers and this is a wake up call for her. Yes, same people from the swimming pool.

      Delete
  22. It sounds like you have a circus living next to you. I feel bad for the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's too bad the complex managers won't kick people out when their lease is up if they've had over a certain amount of police calls. I don't know if it's a city, county, or state law but here after six police calls in less than a year the property is deemed a "nuisance" property and the property owner starts getting fined. That's how the drug dealer/pimp that lived nextdoor a few years ago was finally evicted. He moved a couple of streets over and was raided by the narcotics unit a couple of months later. He went to prison for ten years. 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We must not have that law here since we have the police at my complex about 4 times a month or more. I think this entire complex would be labeled a nuisance and the property would just be taken away from the owners. LOL

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.