Thursday, September 22, 2022

Low Carb Recipe: Pasta Sauce, vegetables and "noodles"


I saw someone (nicolesFitnesz) on Tiktok make this recipe and I wanted to try it. I changed the recipe to fit my own tastes.

You will need: 

1/2 Yellow Onion- sliced thin
1/2 Bell Pepper- sliced thin
6 white mushrooms- sliced thin
4 ounces Baby Spinach
2 Egglife Wraps- cut into 1 inch wide strips
3/4 cup Rao's Marinara Sauce
Small handful shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese
2TBSP oil

What to do: Add oil to your pan and then add your bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Sauté over medium low heat until soft and browned. I like mine done a little more so cook them to the doneness you like. Add baby spinach to the pan and stir for 2 minutes until spinach has wilted. Add marinara sauce and Egglife wrap strips. Stir until completely mixed and heated through. Transfer to your plate and top with mozzarella or parmesan. I don't like parmesan so I used mozzarella. You can also add meat to this recipe if you like but I didn't want to this time.

This was actually really good and I was surprised.

I'm not a big pasta eater, I never liked pasta all that much but it's nice to know that if I am in the mood for a pasta dish I can make this and it's low carb and tastes good. 


I'm not gonna lie, the Egglife wraps do not taste like pasta noodles, they do taste like egg whites but in the pasta sauce they were good and stood up to cooking and the sauce without getting soggy and doughy. For 6 wraps the price was $4.99.  I used the wraps I had left over and filled them with scrambled eggs, pico de gallo and bacon and I liked them for that.

The Rao's marinara sauce is one of the best marinara sauces I've ever had. It was even better than mine. It was a little expensive though, $7.49 a bottle. But for a low carb marinara sauce it's very good and this bottle will last me a while.

Does this sound like something you would eat?

37 comments:

  1. Egg white wraps. Interesting. We do use pasta and sometimes my wife makes her own, which tastes so much better. (And so much better for us as it's the processed foods that will get you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good - though I don't know whether we can get egg white wraps of Rao's sauce here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you have something different there.

      Delete
  3. That does sound good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got diagnosed with pre diabetes, so this was helpful to me. I’m mad because I’ve spent the last year not eating products with added sugar! I guess I need to focus on not eating carbs, too. I’ll look for the wraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my doctor said it's the carbs and the sugar for diabetes.

      Delete
  5. This looks so delicious here! Its always good to find leaner recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds tasty. I love their sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has had it.

      Delete
  7. Sounds and looks hearty, too. Enjoy, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pasta is always a go to for me when I need a quick and easy meal. This one sounds quite good, so I'll add it into my rotation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of Egglife wraps; they seem a little odd, but the recipe sounds totally yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wraps are a little odd but they are low carb so I wanted to try them.

      Delete
  10. Egglife Wraps sound quite nasty LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL They aren't great but in this dish I could eat them.

      Delete
  11. Your recipe sounds great. I tend to make my own marinara, but it's nice sometimes to splurge and buy the readymade kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. And this was better than mine. Lol

      Delete
  12. That sounds terrific. Rao is the only sauce we use here, it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds yummy, minus the mushrooms since I don't really like those. I've never had EggLife wraps, but they look good. Maybe not as a replacement for pasta, but just as their own thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually worked in this recipe better than just using then as wraps.

      Delete
  14. I agree, Rao's is the best Marinara sauce out there, IMO. Worth the price!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a dish that I would probably really love. Though I have never heard of these wraps. I'll have to see if our grocers carries them here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find them. I found them on amazon fresh.

      Delete
  16. This looks and sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a rather ingenious use of those egg white wraps. I tried them once for sandwiches, but was less than thrilled, but this sounds tastier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They worked well in this. I didn't like them as wraps either.

      Delete
  18. I wonder if this would work with imitation eggs? 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had imitation eggs so I don't know.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.