Sunday, October 09, 2022

Apartment Life #335

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post.

I saw an ambulance and the fire chief's truck in front of my building on Monday. They brought someone from my courtyard out to the ambulance but I didn't see who it was. The fire chief didn't stay long and then they both left. 

This is a better picture of the back of the ambulance after the fire chief's truck moved. I never found out who went to the hospital but I hope they recovered and made it back home. 

On Monday I also saw smoke from a fire just down the street. Not sure what was on fire since I didn't have line of sight for where the fire was. But I got a quick video of the smoke coming off it. The fire dept. must have showed up fast because the smoke was put out within a few minutes. 


I started filming because I saw the kids throwing rocks, toys and pinecones across the courtyard and up in the tree and then the mom came out with a large broom handle and started throwing that up in the tree trying to get one of the toys down that was stuck up in the tree. But the tree is right in front of my window so I wanted video proof just in case my window got shattered so that I wouldn't be blamed and have to pay for a new window. Lol She got the toy down though. 😆
---

Yesterday morning when I went to take Falcor out, there was this big dog in my courtyard. Falcor does not get a long with big dogs so my daughter went outside and held the dog by the collar so I could take Falcor out. When I got back I called animal control to come get him since he had a collar and a tag on, they would have been able to contact the owner. But our shelters are so full that they could not send anyone out to get him and told me to instead to go to petdata.com and search out his tag number and see if the owner added a phone number that we could call. So I did that and no one answered so my daughter texted the number and sent a picture and she texted back and had to ride her bike here to get her dog. 

The entire thing took about two hours. My daughter and a neighbor sat outside with the dog while we waited for the owner. We gave him water, snacks and my neighbor brought out a toy for him to play with. But the dog is now reunited with his owner.



He happily sat by my daughter and the neighbor while he waited for his owner to come get him. I found out from the petdata.com website that his name is Scrappy. 
---

The high this week was 92F/33C
The low this week was 67F/19C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

48 comments:

  1. The dog being reunited with his owner is good news. No thanks to Pet Services.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here are so many dogs n he shelter right or, they can't take on more. At least we were able to get ahold of the owner.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Mary!

    All in all, it seems like you had a fairly peaceful week, dear friend. You were wise to take video of kids throwing stones in the general direction of your apartment in case one came through your window. I'm glad it didn't happen.

    Bless you and your daughter for springing into action to help that lost dog! It was very lucky that the case had a quick resolution, otherwise the pooch might have died from starvation or dehydration, stepped on spent needles, encountered abusive people or got struck by a vehicle. I love happy endings and appreciate the pictures you snapped of the lost K-9. He looks like a nice docile doggie.

    Enjoy the week ahead, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a sweet dog. I'm glad we could help him. At least one thing this week had a happy ending.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful dog. Glad you were able to contact the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, please check your spam folder. I left a comment first thing this morning and now it is gone. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. I do every morning. I found it. 🙂

      Delete
  5. Glad to know Scrappy was reunited with his owner - thanks to your persistence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a sweet dog. I'm hope his owner does a better job of keep ping him from escaping.

      Delete
  6. It's hard not knowing what's on fire. I'm one of those inquisitive individuals that if I hear the fire truck stop nearby I'll go check it out. I've been known to ask news reporters what they're doing on site;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's lucky you help find his people. So many wouldn't have cared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww bless, he looks so cute! Glad you got him back to his owner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we were able to find his owner too. He's a sweet dog.

      Delete
  9. AW that looks like a nice dog- glad you were able to reunite him with his owner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww that makes me so happy that Scrappy was reunited with his people! He looks like a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That’s great that the owner came for Scrappy and nice of all of you to watch out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was great that Scappy got reunited with his owner. It was nice that you all made Scappy comfortable.while he waited, lots of people couldn't be bothered.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad that you were able to take care of Scrappy until his owner could come to get him. I am a sucker when it comes to dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you were able to reunite Scrappy with his owner! And that your window didn't get broken when people were throwing things up into that tree. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got the toy out of the tree. Scrappy was a very happy, friendly dog so I'm happy we got a hold of the owner.

      Delete
  15. There's always too much going on in your neighborhood but I'm glad that Scrappy got to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is lovely looking guy. Glad he found his rightful owner.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice that it had a happy ending.

      Delete
  17. So glad for the happy ending of that sweet dog.🐶
    Have a great week ahead, Mary. 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was nice to have something good to post this week.

      Delete
  18. That dog came to the right place for a good ending, and good to know about pet.data.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really did. There were several people that saw him and paid him no attention at all.

      Delete
  19. It was nice of you to take care of the dog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for finding his owner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Scrappy looks adorable. So glad you were able to reunite Scrappy with their owner. Love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Scrappy is cute! So nice that you took the time to take care of him and reunite him with his owner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we were able to get a hold of the owner.

      Delete
  23. OH!! I love the story about Scrappy. That was a great way to end the post. I don't blame you for recording in case your window got broken - we've had to try similar things to get toys out of trees when the kids were little. Luckily no broken windows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily my window didn't break this time either. I'm glad Scrappy went home with his owner.

      Delete
  24. I'm so happy Scrappy was reunited with his human. 🤗 Did they say how he got so far away? 🤔

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.