Sunday, February 19, 2023

Apartment Life #354

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

Sunday night the police were all over my street and the cross street at the end of my street. The police were shining their bright spot light on their cars right at the bedroom windows all along my street. I don't know what they hoped to accomplish with that act of rudeness but they were also shining the light down the walk ways into the different courtyards. They seemed to be looking for someone.

That went on for a while and then they all left. It was almost 10PM and I'm sure some people were sleeping. Probably not for long with the bright spotlight being shined into their bedroom windows. I'm still trying to figure out what that was about. Were they mad/afraid someone was watching them or filming them from a bedroom window? I know I've been yelled at before for doing just that but I'm inside my apartment, not in their way. So sick of the bullying tactics when people aren't doing anything wrong.

---

Sunday evening about 8:30 PM  I got so mad when I went outside. I saw two people standing over by the old maintenance shop shooting up drugs. They weren't even trying to hide what they were doing. There are kids in this courtyard, my own grandson walks right by that area when he takes the trash out. So I yelled at them. 

"Are you seriously shooting up right there? Are you f*cking kidding me. There are kids in this courtyard that don't need to be seeing that sh*t. You have 5 f*cking seconds to get your shit and leave or I'm calling the cops. 5 seconds!" Is what I said. Then I took Falcor inside and went back out to see if they were gone and they had split.

So the next morning I sent an email to the apartment manager telling her about the drug problem and how drug dealer is the problem around here. Here is the response I received. 


"Good Morning Mary,

My name is Mayra and I'm the Regional Manager for the area.  I understand your concerns and want to sincerely apologize that you feel this way.  It has been brought to our attention, and we have begun legal proceedings against this unit.  I am unable to give you further information on what the status is or exactly what we're doing, but we are working on getting our unit back from them.  I promise you we are working diligently through the legal process to get possession of our unit.  
Thank you for being a valued resident "

So apparently it's not just me fed up and complaining and they are going to be out of here soon. *does little happy dance* 

I don't know how soon but it can't be soon enough for me. 
----

The high this week was 64F/17C
The low this week was 31F/-0.5C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

42 comments:

  1. I admire your courage in being able to yell at those shitbags but please stay safe. I hope the drug apartment gets cleaned out soon. Incredible that law enforcement does nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try. I'm just so sick and tired of seeing drug activity in my courtyard. Others have been yelling at the druggies to leave too.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Mary!

    It would make a good drinking game to have a snort every time the cops show up at your complex and leave w/o making any arrests. I don't know what they thought they'd accomplish by shining their spotlights on people's windows at bedtime. If they were actually looking for someone, they could have gotten out of their cars and walked around the buildings and into the courtyards with less intrusive flashlights in hand.

    I realize most of the drug dealer's clientele have rendered themselves null and void through chronic drug use, and therefore pose little threat to you, preferring to avoid a confrontation with an angry neighbor and simply find a convenient spot to to their thing. Just be careful who or whom you yell at and make sure you have your taser with you. It's almost a shame that mean dog isn't still around. He would have run the druggies off for you.

    I hope that letter you received from apartment management is a legitimate sign that something is actually being done behind the scenes to evict the illustrious neighborhood drug dealer. He will be missed. :)

    Have a safe and happy week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am staying safe and bringing my taser with me all over. I don't know what the police thought they were doing. It was weird. I do hope that the apartment managers letter is legit and they are out of here soon.

      Delete
  3. They better be doing something about it! That would solve so many problems. And if the cops were in pursuit of a nutbag, they can shine lights wherever they want to find him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what the cops were doing but being in their cars and shining lights into windows did nothing to find anyone. It made no sense at all.

      Delete
  4. Oh, wow. What a week. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That reply from the apartment manager sounds promising, though any kind of legal proceedings can be very long-drawn-out. And good for you confronting the in-your-face druggies. As you say, so utterly blatant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't take too long here. They have a thing called a 30 day no cause. A manager or owner can serve you with it and even if you fight it in court it shouldn't take more than 2 months to have someone evicted.

      Delete
  6. Wow! I’d have called the local police station to complain about the lights in the bedroom windows. Good for you to speak your mind to the people shooting up.

    I honestly don’t know what to say about the apt manager’s response. “. . . apologize you feel that way”??? Apologies like that piss me off. Like, how else would a person feel about what’s been going on in that unit for so long? Their lack of action for so long is what they should be apologizing for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope they do something soon about them. They told another resident that they are been served but are fighting it in court.

      Delete
  7. I have a feeling that I a lot of people don't sleep in your area or if they do, they have a gun under their pillow, lol. Things have been low key in my area, but I've been in doors a lot. wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people probably have guns around here. MY elderly neighbor already told me she has one.

      Delete
  8. It appears the clock is ticking on drug dealer, so there's hope. You certainly lived up to the name Scary Mary by yelling at and frightening those druggies away, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm just so tired of seeing things like that around here. Something has to be done about it.

      Delete
  9. You're a fierce lady! Not that I didn't know it already 🙂.

    I hope that the reply you got wasn't just a delay tactic tool...they HAVE to do something, for goodness' sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I hope not either. I really hope they are working at getting them out of here.

      Delete
  10. Yikes that would be frustrating. And I hope they get rid of that guy! How nice that would be. and yay to you for putting them on notice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm saying something to them from now on just like a couple of other residents are as well because we are all sick of seeing it do blatantly in our faces like s this. I can only hope they are out of here really soon.

      Delete
  11. I really hope that the drug dealers will be forced out very soon. It is horrible to have to have this kind of behavior in your community.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fingers crossed they're able to get the drug dealers out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that something is being done. I wonder how long that's going to take. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not more than 2 months. They are on notice now though.

      Delete
  14. Good to hear the apartment manager is going to do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can't happen soon enough for me.

      Delete
  15. Hope something gets done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really would be nice if the Regional Manager actually followed through and cleaned house!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you. I truly hope they clean up the area and get these people some help.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm usually a sleep before 10PM
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's crazy! I have my fair share of housemates and apartments from hell, but this is another level. Stay safe there. https://www.aboutlifeandlove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do hope it's soon! You'll be able to breath easier when that guy is GONE. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  21. The manager probably doesn't give a flying eff about it, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully she is actually going to get them out of here.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.