Sunday, March 05, 2023

Apartment Life #356

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 25 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

---

This past week I saw one of the homeless drug addicts with just his underwear on and he was bleeding all over the sidewalk where I walk my dog. I asked him if he was ok and he said he had a few infected spots and he was taking a knife and just cutting away at his skin. He had track marks all over him. All over his arms, legs...everywhere. It was after dark so I didn't see how bad it was until the next day when I noticed big puddles of blood all over the walkway. There were droplets of blood leading from the sidewalk all the way to drug dealers door too. They stopped right at his door. The rain we had all that day washed it all away. 

I feel bad for them, I do but I live here and I shouldn't have to be subjected to this type of this day in and day out. 

---


The police helicopter was flying over my apartment complex one day this week. I don't know what they were looking for since the police never showed up. They were flying in a big circle so it could have been for the street over too. 
---

Last Sunday night around 10pm I walked by drug dealers door and one of their dogs went nuts at the door. Barking, snarling and ran at the door so fast that he actually ran head first into the door trying to get at Falcor. They also have a small female dog, both dogs are smaller than Falcor. Well their two dogs had 8 puppies about 2 months ago and ever since the female dog had puppies the male dog has been really territorial. So what does drug dealers wife do right after we walk by? Her dumb azz opens the door and lets the male dog out offleash again and he ran over to Falcor, grabbed him by the back of the neck and bit him. Thankfully Falcor turned around and snapped at the dog and I was able to yell at him to go home. Falcor was not hurt, it didn't even break the skin. 

But it pissed me off so I took 10 minutes to walk him and calm down because I might have punched her right in the face had I seen her at that moment. On the way back I knocked on her door and one of the drug addicts answered. So I asked for Teresa (drug dealers wife) and told her what happened again. She looked at me and says, "Who let him out?" 
Me: "I don't know but you were home and he's your dog so it's your responsibility."
Her: "I'm sorry, it won't happen again."
Me: "That's what you said the last time. I would appreciate it if you didn't let him out offleash."
Druggie in the background: "This dog is an azzhole. He should be in a cage."
Teresa looked at her and told her to go sit down. lol 
"Teresa: "I don't remember you saying anything before."
Me: "I did, it's not my fault if you can't keep track of what's going on around you. But if I see your dog outside offleash again, I'm just going to bring him inside my apartment and call animal control for a stray dog. So if your dog comes up missing, you know why. I've asked you nicely twice now. You won't be getting another notice."

I walked away. 
Druggie in the background: "Oh, she's kind of a bitch." 
Yes, I suppose I am. I've never been confrontational before. I'm a quiet person and keep to myself but I'm really getting tired of all the crap taking place around here and it's made me kind of a bitch. Yep. I need a t-shirt with that saying on it. "Back off, apparently I'm kind of a bitch." lol 

A few days later the dogs were outside offleash again and as I walked by the druggie woman who heard the conversation and called me a bitch spots me walking by and runs outside to get the offleash dog and bring it inside. lol 

The high this week was 62F/15C
The low this week was 37F/2C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

50 comments:

  1. It might be worth pointing out to Ms Teresa Drugdealer that even though you don't carry a gun, a lot of people in this country do, and if their dog keeps getting out an attacking people and their pets, sooner or later it's going to get shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really hoping that they will be evicted soon.

      Delete
  2. It looks like she took your threat to impound her dog very seriously. She didn't waste any time getting her dog back inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly the cops might not do anything about the druggies but animal control would certainly do something about the dogs. Call next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa told me yesterday that they are being evicted soon. I am really hoping that they are.

      Delete
  4. The blood thing is worrisome as I’m sure it’s infected with something. Good for you to stand up to that woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe all the blood. I'm so glad it rained.

      Delete
  5. "Runs outside to get the offleash dog" .... LOL. You are so badass. Third time in a row scaring a junkie, but this attacking Falcor is troublesome. I admire your restraint in not losing it, in using only your words,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that they are being evicted soon.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Mary!

    You are absolutely right, dear friend. On your walks with Falcor, you shouldn't have to encounter an ugly sight like that homeless druggie mutilating himself. You shouldn't have to go to bed with such an image implanted in your mind, and arise the next morning to find pools of blood. You shouldn't need to wait for the next rainfall to wash it away.

    I am outraged that your neighbors don't have any common sense of common decency when it comes to letting their dogs roam free, especially aggressive dogs. That's one more thing you shouldn't need to worry about. I'm very sorry that dog attacked Falcor and glad he fought back and is AOK. The exchange at the drug dealer's door was effective on your part. You need to be a bitch and a badass to deal with people like them. I think the T-shirt you described is actually an excellent idea for you to wear around that neighborhood. The woman drug customer who quickly wrangled the dogs as you passed by the next time clearly fears you now and wants to avoid another confrontation. Those people all know they are skating on thin ice and can't afford to make enemies. If the dogs are out again, and especially if the male makes aggressive moves toward you and Falcor, you should report the incident to management, because it might bolster the case for eviction.

    i wish you a better week ahead, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're drug dealers, so of course they have no common sense. Lol Thankfully Falcor is fine and they should be evicted soon.

      Delete
  7. Follow-up question: Is Teresa, the drug dealer's wife, any relation to Mother Teresa?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh never a dull moment there

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be careful with these guys. You do have to speak up for yourself and Falcor though. I had a brother who was obnoxious at times with me. My little poodle boy at the time ignored his offer of treats. He got into my lap and it was like he said, "I stand with her". Here I was wanting to keep this brother's anger off of me. But the dog said, "NO." It's a balance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad Falcor didn't get hurt! I hate when dogs come running at me barking and growling. For everyone's protection, dogs should be leashed when they're outside. I'm glad you told her what you did. Hopefully, she'll be better at keeping her dog inside when you're around. Stay safe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's horrible. And crazy about the dog! Good for you for saying something but be careful too. People like that can be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We get a lot of army helicopters around my neighborhood but there's a National Guard base near the airport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had some Army helicopters in the area from Nellis Air Force Base.

      Delete
  13. I hope she understood your message, she has no excuses. Hopefullly they will be moving soon .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are being evicted soon.

      Delete
  14. Oh my goodness! Never a dull moment.
    Stay safe, it's a crazy world

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG... SO first of all... If you made a shirt with "Back off, apparently I'm kind of a bitch." on it, you would make $$ That is too funny!

    Second - I am sorry you have to deal with all of this day and and out. But the dogs you can do something about and good for you for standing up. That must have been a bit scary. I would have still called the police after it bit Falcor! I hope things go better this coming week.

    I've been gone for almost two weeks and fell way behind. Catching up is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a really small dog and there were no marks left on Falcor so I didn't have proof that he did anything. I just hope they are gone soon.

      Delete
  16. Sometimes you just have to stand up and be a bitch. Poor dog would probably be better off having animal control come out and find him a new home. I have a feeling he's going to charge the wrong person some day and is going to end up beaten or shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There would be one dead dog and a hurting drug dealer if it were me. I'd be polite and call EMS before I went out for a walk though, they'd need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falcor wasn't hurt, no marks on him at all which is the only reason I didn't lose my cool..

      Delete
  18. So glad Falcor wasn't hurt.
    I hope they will be evicted soon.
    Stay safe, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg all that blood, eueww. Scary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry you have to deal with so much shit on the regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully things will calm down once they are gone.

      Delete
  21. Goodness, the things you have to see and endure - and poor Falcor too. I guess drugs must have screwed Teresa's mind, the way she forgets what you tell her...but at least her friend took you seriously this time. And that t-shirt would be a nice idea LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wasn't that guy cold walking and bleeding all over the place in his underwear?

    Why do these people even have animals when they don't can't even take care of themselves. And having puppies? Those poor dogs. I'd be pissed if they bit my dog, too! It's the owners fault for sure. I'd buy that t-shirt, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was probably so high that he didn't feel the cold. Because anyone can have an animal. Looks like they only have one puppy left. I think they gave all the other ones away.

      Delete
  23. I hate that you have all of this around you. It is horrible. I become a mama bear if something can hurt my kids or my dogs so I get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope they are moving out soon. It shouldn't be taking this long though.

      Delete
  24. Walking your dog at night? Be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is pure horror!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.