Sunday, July 23, 2023

Apartment Life #276

 

This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 25 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post.  


I was outside with Falcor and I saw a pigeon who was having a hard time flying. So I picked him up and brought him inside, put him in a box on my desk and called Animal Control. They said if he's just hot and needs food and water they can help him but if he's hurt they'll have to put him down. 

He was trying to fly and was spreading his wings and flapping them so hopefully he just needs a little rest and to cool off. I tried to give him some water but he didn't want it. He slept on my desk until they got here.

----

This Ground Medical Transport picked someone up from the apartment complex across the street. I've seen other medical transports around here but haven't seen this one before. It's nice to know there are so many services here in the valley like this if someone needs it. 

---

I noticed the police blocking the side street one day this week. They weren't letting anyone by. 

And there were other police parking on that side of the street. There were several police cars in the alley across the street as well but I couldn't get pictures of them from where I was. They were here for about 2 hours but I have no idea what was going on. 

The high this week was 116F/46C
The low this week was 87F/30C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

41 comments:

  1. I hope the pigeon recovers.
    Goodness your temperatures are high. Stay as cool as you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that little pigeon is alright too.

      Delete
  2. So, a quiet week...or a minimal amount of drama at least. I guess you could call it a win if neither ambulances nor police cars showed up in your neighbourhood for a day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was pretty quiet this week. If neither show up for a week that would be a good week.

      Delete
  3. Nice that animal control would come out for a bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure they would but I was glad they did.

      Delete
  4. Hope the pigeon is ok

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting that animal control responded to a pidgeon emergency. Didn't know they did that. Blocking off the area for 2 hours sounds like some kind of evidence gathering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they would either but I didn't know what else to do for the poor thing.

      I was thinking the same thing about the police.

      Delete
  6. The heat this summer has been unbearable. I hope that pigeon is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the heat is crazy. Way too hot. I hope the bird is alrught too.

      Delete
  7. I hate to see animals not doing well. I know that you can't get them to help wildlife in my area. I hope that the pigeon was able to get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate seeing it too which is why I called and hoped they could do something for him.

      Delete
  8. Hope the pigeon is ok. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is never boring. We enjoy the doves here too. Las Vegas? We lived in Victorville, CA, for years and know your struggles there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Las Vegas. I like it here most of the time but the Summers here are so hot.

      Delete
  10. Oh poor little pigeon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw that poor pigeon!

    I wonder what was going on in that alley.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, bye-bye birdie, that's sad for that poor sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That poor bird.I’ve noticed that happening to birds, where they can’t seem to fly. I guess being in Vegas can be too hot for birds, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see it often but I suppose it does.

      Delete
  14. I hope that pigeon recovers.
    Stay cool, Mary.

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. I complain about being 95 degrees.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Wildlife is having a difficult time too with this Extreme Heat, hopefully the Sky Rat will recover, I like Pigeons but they can be a nuisance and spread disease, so I realize why many people don't want a lot of them around their Homes. We mostly have Doves and Grackles, sometimes the Baby Grackles fall out of our Pine Trees, always so sad, they usually don't Survive long. You have a Kind Heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see some doves, black birds, pigeons and sparrows. But that's about it around here.

      Delete
  17. It never occurred to me that birds can be overcome by heat the same as animals. I hope the pigeon recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope they released the poor pigeon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I worked at Lowe's we had a lot of birds get injured there

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness... How's the pigeon doing? Is Falcor okay with the bird in the apartment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Animal control came and got it. Falcor wanted to see the bird so bad when he was here.

      Delete
  21. I wish they would have gave you an update on the pigeon. I had to take a baby bunny to the rescue locally because a cat attacked it. She gave me her card and said if I want to know if he made it to give her a call. I never did because I wanted to believe in my heart of hearts he had a successful recovery.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.