Sunday, December 10, 2023

Apartment Life #296

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 25 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 25 years here in a weekly blog post. 

This week was a little different. I hurt my foot really bad on Monday morning and thought it was broken. I could barely walk on it. So I called an ambulance. I didn't even have a chance to do my makeup. lol 

My daughter started snapping pictures. lol 
They took me to the ER and after some X-rays I was told it's just a bad sprain. I didn't even twist my ankle or anything. I was just walking when it happened. I felt something snap in my foot.

I got crutches and an air cast. The air cast sure makes it easier to walk and so do the crutches. 

By the 4th day the air cast was really starting to get on my nerves but it does help. lol It keeps your foot from moving which really helps with the pain. Those blue plastic pieces on either side are filled with air and fit right up on your ankle. Velcro straps keep it all in place. The ER doctor prescribed me 600 mg Ibuprofen to take for the pain. I can't take opioid pain meds because they make me really sick so this is fine with me. 

It's going to be a painful few weeks before this heals. 

The high this week was 70F/21C
The low this week was 38F/3C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

45 comments:

  1. Who would have thought that you'd become the main character in your Sunday stories? 😉 I hope your ankle heals soon! On a side note, I'd never heard of an air cast before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had never heard of an air cast before either.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to read this. I have also never heard of an air cast and am glad it helps. I hope the ibuprofen does too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are definitely helping.

      Delete
  3. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Strange that something just "snapped" with no obvious cause. I also hadn't heard of an air cast. An ingenious alternative to a plaster cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that something snapped too. I was just walking.

      Delete
  4. First rule is to apply ice for an hour or so, to prevent swelling and reduce pain; after that going to the doctor to asses the damage and suggest treatment.
    Wishing you a smooth recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you hurt your foot! Glad the air cast is helping you get around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Mary, I’m sorry that happened. I hope healing happens fast for you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wild it is that the reason for the sirens/ambulance this week was yourself. Glad it's just a sprain and good on your daughter for having the presence of mind to snap photos for this week's story. You two make a good team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was laughing telling me she was taking pictures. lol

      Delete
  8. So sorry that you hurt yourself. You know one time I jumped down from two stairs and landed on my foot in such a way that It hurt for two weeks and I had to be on crutches but eventually it went away. It makes you cherish the times you can walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sorry to hear this, Sounds like you at least got good treatment. I hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get good treatment. The ER was great.

      Delete
  10. Air cast.. interesting. So sorry about the sprain, puzzling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ambulances are supposed to come for other people in your apartment complex...not for you! I'm so sorry about your foot, but I'm glad it wasn't anything worse. Wishing you a very quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it wasn't broken either.

      Delete
  12. I hope the healing happens quicker than anticipated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually is. I'm off the crutches and walking around in the air cast now.

      Delete
  13. Oh bless, hope you heal soonest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had a bad sprain before and that hurts like all get out. Hope it gets better soon.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH NO!! I'm sorry to hear you've had so much pain, but glad that it's manageable. I fretted a bit when I saw the photos before I read the text... glad it wasn't something so much worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was so sure it was broken because it hurt so much.

      Delete
  16. Oh no! I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I am glad that it wasn't broken but hate that you are in pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a bit better now.

      Delete
  17. I was sorry to see you had such a bad sprain! Those are very painful and take a while to heal, but better than a break. Hope you get back to 100% quickly, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no sorry to hear that Mary! I hope you heal quickly and it's not too awful. I had something like that happen once, where I heard a pop and it was a sprain.

    Take care and be well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that crazy. Thank you, it is a bit better now.

      Delete
  19. Sorry to hear this news. Wishing you a fast and healthy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Because life isn't tough enough the way it is.... right? And no time for make-up either.... Darn it, universe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! lol My foot is a bit better now though.

      Delete
  21. I am sorry to read this.
    Fancy being the star of your post :)
    Seriously, I hope it your ankle/foot heals soon and the pain lessens.
    Take care, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a bit better now.

      Delete
  22. I hope you are on the mend. Getting around with crutches isn't fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure and it is a bit better now.

      Delete
  23. My word that is terrible. I hope you're feeling much better. 600 mg ibuprofen pill must be huge in size. But I am sure it will help out inflammation & pain.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.