Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mamava Pod For Nursing Mother's

*Photo courtesy of Seventh Generation/Generation Good. *


A Mamava Nursing Pod was recently installed in NY Airport. You can read more about that here. Seventh Generation would like to see more of these nursing pods all over the US and if you are a member of Generation Good/Seventh Generation you can vote to see what location gets the next Pod. 


If you are a member of Seventh Generation/Generation Good, you can vote here for what location you'd like to see get donated a Mamava Pod for nursing mother's. 

I actually think this is a great idea. Too many times I see on the news where a nursing mother was asked to leave, cover up, or go to the restroom to breastfeed her baby. While it's illegal to ask a nursing mother to leave because there are laws that protect nursing mother's from being discriminated against. 

But this is a great idea for mother's who would like a little privacy when breast feeding in a public space. 

Disclaimer: I'm a member of Seventh Generation and could win a 10 pack of diapers if I win the contest. 

5 comments:

  1. Never seen that here before. I know they have nursing stations set up in the mall though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen this before either but I hope that changes.

      Delete
  2. Gah I would love these about. I really don't care to have a breast popped out in front of me while I'm out and about and that's so happened. I don't think anywhere around here has anything like this set up. Would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! Though I do wonder if it will attract creepers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm often surprised to hear how many women get told to leave Victoria's Secret for breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.