Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Book Review: Wolf in the Shadows by Maria Vale

 

Book Description

Shifter Julia Martel has been spoiled and pampered by all the alpha males around her whose urge to protect her have left her uninformed and vulnerable. Now the Great North Pack has relegated Julia to the care of the wolf at the very bottom of the Pack hierarchy, Arthur Graysson. Julia wants nothing to do with the Pack, except to escape back to her life of luxury and idleness, but the more time she spends with Arthur, the more she learns about the Pack, the dark secrets Arthur carries with him, and the fierceness within herself that could save them all...


My Review

Julia lived as a human as her powerful shifter family instructed her to reject her animal half, she was pampered and looked after and brought up to accommodate the powerful men in her family. She wanted nothing to do with the pack so when she and her fiancé are kidnapped and she is relegated to care for Arthur, she wants nothing to do with him. She just wants to go back home to the way things were before. 

I've read this series from the beginning and really liked the previous books but I found myself bored with the first half of this book. The romance between Julie and Arthur didn't feel genuine to me and I didn't like how Julia was treated. 

The second half of the book was a little better but because this is the last book of the series I expected more and I didn't get it which I was disappointed about. I didn't think the writing or the storyline was as good as the previous books. But I read it and was glad that it did have a good ending. That's the best thing I can say about this book. I will say that you should read this series in order for it to make more sense though. 

I give this book 2 out of 5 stars. 

31 comments:

  1. I am sorry that the series finished on a downer for you, but glad you liked the ending..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised this book wasn't as good as the others.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of the series, but I've been featuring excerpts from each book over the past several months, culminating in an excerpt from this one last Sunday. It seems like a good series, but what a disappointment for you... I hate when the final book doesn't stand up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does seem an odd way to end a series. I've got the first couple books so I'll get to the series eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully you end up liking most of the books when you do read them.

      Delete
  4. I've tried reading her but can't get into her books. Sorry you didn't enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe bummer Mary I hope the next one will be better

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad it at least had a good ending; it's too bad this one wasn't as good as all the others in this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully my next read will be better.

      Delete
  7. bummer that the last of a series didn't stand up to the others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate it when a series just limps its way to being finished

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's disappointing when a book falls short like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no I am so sorry that this one was such a disappointment. I know this series is a hit or miss with some readers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang, you haven't had a 2 in a while, 2 bad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a bummer when the last book in a series doesn't really bring it. At least it was a good ending though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's too bad. I heard about her books but I haven't tried them

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too bad this was another let down for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully me next book will be better.

      Delete
  15. Too bad, I liked the first 2

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.