Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Low Carb Meal- Cabbage, Carrots and Kielbasa

 

This recipe made enough to feed 3 people. 

You will need:

1/2 a head of a small cabbage- diced
3 carrots- shredded
1 package of Beef Kielbasa- cut into chunks
1 package of white mushrooms- cut in half
2TBSP butter
2 TBSP oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 chicken stock or broth
1/2 tsp. McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning

What to do: 

Add the butter and mushrooms to a sauté pan and cook on medium heat until browned or to your liking. 
In another large pan on medium heat add kielbasa and cook until browned a little, add oil, shredded carrots, salt, pepper, seasoning and cabbage. Stir to mix thoroughly. Mix occasionally for 3 minutes and add broth. Cook for an additional 7 minutes or until most of the broth is gone and add mushrooms to pan. Mix to incorporate mushrooms and serve. 

I really liked this. But if you don't like any of the vegetables you can replace them with whatever vegetables you do like. I made this with Snow Peas and Mushrooms and it came out really good too. 

Would you try this?

35 comments:

  1. Without the meat I would enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't carrot full of carbs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are only 6 grams of carbs in 1 medium carrot. I'm allowed to have 150 carbs per day in a low carb diet.

      Delete
    2. That's nice, I couldn't live without peas and carrots and parsley!

      Delete
  3. With chicken I could do it. Don't eat beef for health reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be good with chicken too.

      Delete
  4. I definitely would eat this. It's been a long time since I've had cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve made similar dishes with smoked turkey sausage and my family always loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Thanks for the suggestion. We love kielbasa. Lots of people are under the impression that beef or any meat is bad but it is nutrient rich and healthy for you. Eat on! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds and looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Food of my people! Looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing another yummy recipe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do enjoy cabbage and sausage. I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good to me, I like all those things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really good, I always love mushrooms in anything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks for sharing this recipe, I'd not come across Beef Kielbasa but I found this article helpful
    https://howtocook-guide.com/how-to-cook-kielbasa/

    Keep enjoying your low carb cooking :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found a helpful article.

      Delete
  14. This looks fantastic! I would definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read it.

      Delete
  15. I keep hoping someone will make a meat substitute kielbasa, but I haven't found one yet. Cabbage and kielbasa go really well together. 🍽

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cabbage and carrots. Looks like a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.