Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Recipe: Cabbage Rolls

 

You will need: 

1 Head of cabbage (Leaves cut into 4X4 inch squares)
1 Can of diced tomatoes 
2 TBSP tomato paste 
1 Bell Pepper (diced)
1 Onion (diced)
1LB ground chicken
1tsp. McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning
1tsp. McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
0 Calorie cooking spray
Preheat an oven to 350F

What To Do

Add some of the cooking spray to a pan, add diced bell pepper and onion. Cook on medium heat stirring as needed until the vegetables start to become soft. Add ground chicken, 1/2 the spices and salt & pepper. 

Cut the cabbage into 4x4 squares. You will need about 20 of them. 
Add diced tomatoes and tomato paste and other half of spices and salt & pepper to a sauce pan and heat up over low heat.

Boil the cabbage leaves for about 5-7 minutes or until they become floppy and rollable. Add a little of the meat mixture to each leaf and roll carefully. They might tear, this didn't bother me, just add to a pan after rolling. 

This is what they looked like after they were rolled and in the pan.

Next, take your tomato mixture and pour over the cabbage rolls. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Serve with salad or your choice of side.

I had mine with some salad. 

Calories for 5 cabbage rolls- 250
Carbs per 5 cabbage rolls- 8
This recipe made 20 cabbage rolls for me. 

Would you eat this?

30 comments:

  1. I like cabbage rolls, but my vegetarian self would leave out the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I had cabbage rolls but I do like them. I did make some cabbage roll soup when Winter was here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a great job with those. I've never made them, as I can't stand the smell of cooked cabbage. But I'd eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cabbage and will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally eat this! I've made cabbage rolls two times, and they were yummy...but a lot of work. Or maybe I'm just lazy. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks good. I thought the bits of orange-red in the 2nd last photo were pancetta.
    definitely an idea to try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grandfather was Polish, so I grew up eating cabbage rolls. This sounds like a tasty riff on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see you stealing my food pics haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yes I did. Your pictures come out better than mine ever do with my crappy camera. lol

      Delete
  9. I haven't had cabbage rolls in forever. Sounds great, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cabbage rolls are one of our national dishes, but we make them with sauerkraut leaves and cook them not bake them with a paprika roux added in the end. We put ground meat and rice and onions in the stuffing, or tofu like me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would definitely eat those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have I ever had them? No idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good if you like the ingredients.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.