Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Low Carb Recipe: Surf and Turf (Steak and Shrimp)

 

We made steak and shrimp with roasted cherry tomatoes and asparagus. 

So to make this you will need

Whatever steak you like. 
1 LB of shrimp
1 bunch of Asparagus
8-10 cherry tomatoes
1/2 stick of butter
salt and pepper to taste
4 TBSP Olive Oil- divided
3 TBSP cilantro-diced

What To Do

Start by preparing the asparagus. If you hold each spear at the ends and bend them, they will snap in the exact right place they need to. Throw the end away and just keep the tops that are left. Add asparagus and tomatoes to a bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper and 2 TBSP olive oil. Stir until completely coated and transfer to a baking dish. Roast in a 350 oven for 20 minutes.

Melt butter in a pan, add a pinch of salt and pepper, add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink. Add cilantro and stir until mixed well. Remove shrimp from pan or it will over cook. Use butter and cilantro as a sauce for shrimp. 

Add 2 TBSP olive oil in another pan and cook your steak the way you like.

30 comments:

  1. I would happily eat the tomato and asparagus. Himself would enjoy the steak - and the cats would gobble the prawns.
    I hope you enjoyed all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roasted vegetables are the best. That looks like a great Christmas meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good Christmas meal.

      Delete
  3. I think I would like to try this without the shrimp, maybe I will add chicken instead. But I do love roasted veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely you can change it around to suit you.

      Delete
  4. That photo is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure I have ever had asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You should definitely try it. It's really good roasted.

      Delete
  6. Now that you've got me salivating to share your dinner.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh asparagus. Yes, please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks really, really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks delicious, though I am allergic to shellfish.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of this looks delicious, except for the shrimp because I don't like seafood lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just steak and vegetables would be good too.

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness, that looks delicious! I'll take an order of everything, except the steak (I'm more surf than turf)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just seafood and vegetables would be good too.

      Delete
  12. My husband would be thrilled if I served him this for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.