Thursday, February 16, 2012
What is SwagBucks?
SwagBucks.com is an online site dedicated to help you earn just by using the SwagBucks.com search engine. You’ll get results from Google and you will be periodically awarded as you search. These SwagBucks rewards can be redeemed for things like paypal cash, Amazon gift cards and a lot of other prizes.
Does It Really Work?
I am normally a skeptic when it comes to these types of 'make money by earning points" type of things, but it really works. I've been using the site for a few years and I earn at least $20 in Amazon gift cards each month with out having to pay a single cent or sign up for anything with my credit card.
If you aren’t using Swagbucks (and may I ask why not?), here is a quick recap: Swagbucks is a search engine powered by Google. Whenever you search on Swagbucks, you have the chance to win points (aka Swagbucks) that you can redeem for prizes and gift cards. You can easily earn enough points to get a $5 Amazon gift card every month just by doing a few searches!
Here are 10 tips to getting more swagbucks.
1. Search on Friday. It is good to do a search every day, but Friday is Mega Swagbucks Day! That means, your chances of winning the higher value bills are higher.
2. Install the Toolbar. The Swagbucks toolbar is just like a Yahoo or Google toolbar. The toolbar makes it more convenient to do searches since you don't have to visit the site itself. You will also occasionally get Free Codes via the toolbar! Check the little message icon on the toolbar daily because the Free Codes are usually only good for a few hours.
3. Tell your Friends and get referrals. If you are loving Swagbucks, then you are probably telling your friends already, so why not get some Free Swagbucks for it? Go to the Swagbucks blog page at this link and they will tell you how to find your personal referral link. When your friend signs up using your unique referral link, you will earn a Swagbuck each time they win a Swagbuck.
4. Modify your Search. If I do a search and don’t win a Swagbuck, I will change my search term slightly to see if I win. Example: I search for “Avenged Sevenfold” and win nothing, so I add the word “Songs” and search again. For some reason, I usually win Swagbucks by doing this!
5. Search for Images or Video. This will work sometimes but I don't get as many swagbucks doing this as I do with regular web searches.
6. Search Daily. Searching daily builds Swagbucks faster than anything else. I search three times a day. Morning, afternoon and Night.
7. Play Games. Go to Swagbucks, click on “Earn” then “Games”, then click on “Play Free”. You have to play 2 different games in order to get the 2 Swagbucks, you cannot keep playing the same game over and over. But you can pick two games to play and switch back and forth between the two of them and for every two plays you will get 2 swagbucks.
8. Watch Swagbucks TV Click on the “Swagbucks TV” on the dropdown menu under the “Earn” tab to pull up the Swagbucks TV page. You have to watch 10 different videos (they range in length from one minute to five minutes) and then you’ll earn three Swagbucks. You can skip to the next video as soon as the meter showing the percentage goes up.
9. Swag Code Hunts - Sometimes The Swag Guy (TGS) will hide a Swag Code for us to find. Follow the hints and find the code. Then copy & paste the code into the Swagbucks homepage (on right side, paste into box and click “Gimme”)
TIP: When copying and pasting a Swag Code be sure to remove any extra spaces before or after the code! Codes are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as they appear when you find them.
10. Swagstakes - Sort of like buying a raffle ticket and you have a chance to win hundreds or thousands of Swagbucks. I haven't won any Swagbucks entering the Swagstakes but I have won some gift cards.
Other things to do everyday.
Voting in the Daily Poll gets you 1 Daily SwagBuck
Visiting the No Obligation Special Offers (NOSO) gets you 2 Daily SwagBucks Just keep clicking on 'skip' on the bottom of the offers and when you get to the end, enter the code you see. Just follow the instructions, it's easy.
Sometimes you will have things sent to your inbox. Do the ones you want to do and get some extra Swagbucks.
Attempt 5 Surveys Daily for 5 Swagbucks (even if disqualified) You get more if you qualify for the survey, always try to complete the surveys.
Gold Surveys- Now they have gold surveys that even if you don't qualify for you will get 5 swagbucks for the first 5 tries.
I hope some of these tips will help you earn more Swagbucks!
Posted by Mary Kirkland at 2:56 PM